Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Combine Preview ... Questions that need answering.

February 21, 2017 10:20AM
We're oddly still a couple weeks out because the combine dates were moved back, but I'm going to go ahead and do this now regardless because the focus points I want to hit aren't going to change with more game analysis on my part and this week is going to be really boring otherwise.

I'm going to go through each position group and highlight what I'm curious about going into Indianapolis.

I have no curiosities with QBs, except whether or not they'll be able to throw the ball well enough to let the receivers show off.

RB
Who in the mid ranges goes up and down?
What does James Connor run and how healthy does he look?
What lower end back shows up and makes a case for himself? (Mcnichols? Redding? MCGuire? Hood? Justin Davis? Boom Williams?)

WR ...
How do these players fare?
Darreus Rogers, up and comer on USC who may well have outplayed JuJu down the stretch.
Ricky Seals-Jones ... Huge man with talent that has underwhelmed 6-5 230 and can move.
Mack Hollins and Bug Howard ... The two Tarheels who have been inconsistent but shown flashes ... and are both 6-4 and 220 ...
Josh Malone ... the Volunteer who has the size and speed ... but does he have the drive and awareness?
Keon Hatcher ... maybe the lowest ranked player on this list with the best statistics and performances ... how are his injured legs?
Ardarius Stewart[/b
] ... the highest rated player here ... but does he go top 50 or 5th round? What's he going to run? Is he really ready?

Any movement up into higher rounds pushes my targets down to me later, at the very least. Im still eyeballing Taywan Taylor or Josh Reynolds in the 4th.

TE

This one could end up being huge, as Ive been eyeballing this class for a few years.

Who runs what? There are always guys who end up jumping because they ran a 4.5. Njoku should destroy it, but what about Engram and Leggett and Hodges? If Gerald Everett or Jonnu Smith run well as smaller move TEs does that make them stand out to our Jordan Reed utilizing coach? Do enough players show impact ability that Jake Butt drops to the 4th?

Pharoah Brown, George Kittle, and Darnell Daniels ... do they show up and show well?

O LIne

Do any of the unknown smaller school kids show up and make a name for themselves?
Can Dan Feeney play Center? This may be the biggest question for us.
Which guard are we going to be eyeballing for the late 6th early 7th rounds?

DL

Which of these kids can convert to 3-4 OLB? Movement skills for Ekanem, Price, McKinley, Daeshon Hall, Basham, Bryan Cox, Lawson?

LBs

What about these kids? Marquel Lee, Tanner Vallejo, Jalen Reeves Maybin?
And how good is Jayon Brown, really?

CB

Shaq Griffin is the one Im curious about ..
But the big questions are ... of the top closely rated 12-15 kids, who stands out? Does Rasul Douglas jump into round 1 as I think? How about Kevin King? Who may be there through round 2?

S

We finally get a look at Shalom Luani! How does he fare? I have him as the best unrated unspoken of player in the draft at this point.
How do Chuck Clark and Demarius Travis do as FS types in later rounds that could be steals (along with the obvious Lorenzo Jerome and Josh Johnson)

This is where I'm at going in ... and I'll watch every second of it (except the RB drills, can't bring myself to those yet).

Comments and questions welcome as always.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Combine Preview ... Questions that need answering.

alyoshamucci935February 21, 2017 10:20AM

Re: Blinkscout Combine Preview ..

leafnose312February 22, 2017 04:22AM

Figured this deserves a lengthy response

Flipper336473February 23, 2017 04:49AM

Re: Impressive

leafnose327February 24, 2017 05:53AM

Thanks.....and thank you

Flipper336288February 25, 2017 05:15AM

Re: Figured this deserves a lengthy response

alyoshamucci306February 24, 2017 12:32PM

Same schedule issues, just a different focus

Flipper336294February 25, 2017 05:31AM

Kiper; never attended combine, snubs, best position depth: TE (long)

leafnose287February 25, 2017 05:36AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

leafnose240February 25, 2017 05:50AM

Re: Peppers, Magnusson

Flipper336292February 26, 2017 05:19AM

Outstanding as always, i'll add my 2 cents here as well

Deadpool331February 26, 2017 10:32AM

Re: sleeper?

leafnose221February 27, 2017 06:26AM

yeah, not a sleeper, but

Deadpool343February 27, 2017 09:01AM