Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: It's Jared Goff's time, for better or worse

February 20, 2017 04:13PM
Well, at least one variable has been removed.

I'm referring to the "competent coaching" variable. I do believe that Goff will now be receiving some good to very good QB coaching. So we can probably take that factor out of the equation.

Still no shortage of unknowns at RB, OL, TE, and WR. I believe that there is now legitimate reason for optimism in all those areas, particularly with the OL coaching staff. But we'll have to wait and see this summer before we get positive feedback.

That was the thing with our previous O. It sucked EVERYWHERE. Hard to know where to even start.

Might be tricky when it comes to evaluating progress in the various position groups, too, since they are all so interdependent on progress from each other. IOW, one group might be looking bad solely because of the shortcomings of another group, when it's actually doing what it's trained to do.

An example might be QB or RB hurt by performance of OL. Or WR adversely affected by QB. Or vice versa.

I know. Captain Obvious, huh?

Just trying to point out how difficult are the evals when there is no known "anchor points" that can be counted upon.

McVay and his fine O coaching staff are gonna earn their money this season, that's for sure.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

It's Jared Goff's time, for better or worse

RamBill589February 20, 2017 04:43AM

:Here's the issue with Goff

RockRam597February 20, 2017 05:31AM

Re: :Here's the issue with Goff

leafnose284February 20, 2017 05:54AM

Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

Anonymous User314February 20, 2017 09:00AM

Re: Here's the issue with Goff.. I Still believe he was handicapped

stlramz264February 20, 2017 12:15PM

I dunno about ...