Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Having McVay might bode well for FA acquisitions...

February 19, 2017 07:19AM
Here's my thinking...

McVay impressed the heck out of the FO brass, the press, and the fans throughout the interviews and after the hire. Almost universally so. He just oozed charm, competence, and energy.

Next came his hiring choices for the various assistant coaches. Almost unanimously hailed as a terrific group and with a few considered HR's. My point being that he was respected and considered a very good HC prospect that was going places and many coaches wanted to hitch their wagons to such a person, if only to enhance their future resumes.

Now, let's take this thought process one logical step further, shall we?

Why wouldn't the McVay aura, in combo with some outstanding asst coaches, attract potential future FA's in the same way? Players that might be kinda on the fence while entertaining multiple team offers? Especially important when it comes to O positions, huh? Might be refreshing to have an O coaching staff that attracted rather than repelled potential FA's.

I think the McVay factor might just be the difference maker in at least a few cases. If I'm right, this would be a huge positive influence on our offseason plans. Could make our draft strategy a lot more clear, too.

What do y'all think?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Having McVay might bode well for FA acquisitions...

Rams431099February 19, 2017 07:19AM

Re: Having McVay might bode well for FA acquisitions...

SoCalRAMatic324February 19, 2017 08:36AM

Who knows?

NewMexicoRam345February 19, 2017 08:39AM

Couldn't agree more 43....

RAMSINCE ARNETT317February 22, 2017 11:28AM

FAs mostly go where the money is.

RockRam326February 23, 2017 11:57AM

LOL...

jemach224February 23, 2017 02:53PM