Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which O position group will have the most starting turnover in '17?

February 12, 2017 07:53AM
Gonna be at WR or at OL?

This might be a fun topic for discussion.

At WR I see only 3 probables making the final 6. And none look like locks to get significant snaps, much less starts.

Austin. TBH, I see him here only because of that danged contract extension. He may be gone next year. I wouldn't describe him as a pure WR in the first place. His hope has to be that this new staff can figure out a way to best utilize him and turn him into a feared weapon.

Cooper. Only because he showed flashes last year and because he was hampered by injury. Not to mention the incompetence of the O coaching staff. No sure thing to make the 6, IOW.

Spruce. This guy makes my list strictly and only because of a terrific camp and a single preseason game last year. Almost unbelievable that I'm typing his name here. A very long shot, tbh. Certainly not a likely starter, although he might get snaps if he can stay healthy. A lot of "ifs" with Spruce, huh?

The rest?

Britt is only 50-50 to be extended.
Quick is a goner.
Thomas has bad hands and I don't know if that's fixable.
The remaining WR's are jags based upon last year's results. Unless the new coaches are miracle workers.

Bottom line? Only 3 holdovers and 2 of them are iffy. I see some combination of 2-3 players acquired via FA or draft. And I see them with the inside track over the holdovers, frankly.

Now the OL position group. Better buckle up, y'all.

I see a healthy Hav at RT.

All others might be shuffled or replaced as starters. I'm serious.

LT. Saffold, GRob (assuming a Kromer miracle), FA, or draft pick?
LG. Saffold, Brown, or FA?
C. Definitely see a FA or draft pick here. Barnes to the bench.
RG. Saffold, GRob, Wichmann, or FA?

Bottom line is probably 10 OL on the roster. But we may see as many as 4 new faces at the various starting positions on that OL when compared to last year.

That's a helluva lot of turnover, man. I wish Kromer all the luck in the world. Lol.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Which O position group will have the most starting turnover in '17?

Rams43724February 12, 2017 07:53AM

Re: Which O position group will have the most starting turnover in '17?

AlbaNY_Ram313February 12, 2017 03:31PM

Actually Quick runs that pist double move

reggae283February 14, 2017 03:17PM

probably about even

LMU93228February 14, 2017 02:18PM

2 groups at top of list...

jemach259February 14, 2017 04:05PM