Advanced

Nice work but I disagree a little...

January 16, 2017 02:40PM
...with a couple at the top. 7 is 3, 5 is 4

1) Rodgers
2) Brady
3) Ben
4) Brees

That's my top 4 and for ME it is where the line of demarcation comes in for truly great QB's.

Rams_81
When you look at the NFL, most of the teams have a competent QB. I would say at least 2/3 but probably about 3/4 of the teams have a QB that you can win games with leading the team. Here is my list, I broke it up in categories of logical breakdown.

Category - 1 (Elite)

1) Rodgers (Best of All Time - By a landslide)

2) Brady (winner - Genius on the field)

3) Newton (He was down this year, but can't forget that tremendous last year, plus he elevates his team and he has never had much around him.)

Category 2 (Very Good)

4) Wilson (statistically he isn't that good, but what a great leader. That offense has very little and he finds ways to win.)

5) Brees (In a great system, but he still delivers with changing parts. Not much talent around him and still a top offense. He does have the benefit of a great coach though, Too bad no defense)

6) Rivers (Played for a bad team year after year, but moves that offense up and down the field)

7) Roethlisberger (Winner - but starting to take some dings and father time is catching up)

Category 3 (Good)

8) Carr (He was tremendous this year and when he was injured, you saw a huge drop off, but he is surrounded by great talent. It would have great to see what he could have done in the playoffs and see if he is in one of those higher categories. I put Carr ahead of Ryan in a close call mostly because Ryan has failed in his opportunities in big games and Carr hasn't had one yet.)

9) Ryan (Like Carr, he was tremendous, but Ryan has a history of folding with the first sign of adversity and hasn't played well in big games throughout his career. Plus until this year, he folded when players around him went down. He needs to win against the Patriots to show he can win a big game in the superbowl. The Falcons are better at every position but QB and are at home so if he loses, it will be on him. There is no way the Falcons should lose that game.)

10) Manning - He wins superbowls, but is so inconsistent. He throws too many interceptions for me, but plays with no fear. The Giants talent is always all over the place from year to year so he has had some good teams and some not so good teams.

11) Stafford - He can be great and can be bad. Inconsistent, but is kind of like Ryan that he hasn't won many big games.

12) Cousins - He is somewhat under the radar, but the Redskins did well on offense with very little and overachieved as I believe he did. He is somewhat like Carr and Ryan in he hasn't won any big games.

13) Palmer (about to drop him out to a lower category because of the bad year, but honored him for recent years - father time caught up to him I believe)

14) Bradford - I think he has been dealt a bad hand, but he had the greatest completion percentage in NFL history and a QB rating around 100 so he is much better than most people think. Trade him places with the Redskins, the Raiders, or the Falcons and I believe he wins and is a top QB.

15) Luck - Boy, has his star fell. He could easily be back in the top 10, but his team is horrific with no offense around him. I think he is better than most people think at the moment. He is the perfect example of how the team around the QB changes things for a QB.

16) Prescott - he was so good yesterday, but I think he is a product of the team around him. great offensive line, great runningback, and a hall of fame WR.

17) Winston - He really shows signs of being a very good player. He really leads the team and is very vocal. So far, in the crunch time games, he has thrown interceptions instead of touchdowns.

18) Mariota - I don't think he has shown the positive leadership as much as Winston, but what a great prospect. I have not gotten to see him play much.

19) Dalton - Down year but lost his stud WR and the drop off was significant so a little down on him because of that huge dropoff. Has to be nice having that WR.

20) Flacco - He is probably being underrated by me, the Ravens to me, do not have much juice on offense. When I watch them play, I it is very boring. He has been a winner though and results are results so I think he is a good player.

21) Smith - Smith is winning, but I believe his coach is behind the winning. He would win with Case Keenum. He just wins and wins year after year. That Chief offense is like the Ravens offense, not much sizzle.

R.I.P. Nelson aka TonyHunter87 1971 - 2017 far too soon..

Your last words to me: "Your a great guy RFIP. I was very sad when you left the board, and your son, but was glad to see you back. Take care my friend, may God be by your side." 09/09/2017 12:58AM

No Nelson, you were a far better man than I, and I am sure an awesome husband and father as well. I will miss you my friend. -RFIP
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Top NFL QBs are

Rams_81522January 16, 2017 02:23PM

Nice work but I disagree a little...

RFIP252January 16, 2017 02:40PM

You like Ben

Rams_81238January 16, 2017 02:51PM

Don't know how you have some ahead of Ryan....

Rampage2K-216January 16, 2017 02:57PM

Ryan does it again next year and maybe

Rams_81133January 16, 2017 05:28PM