Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The Rise And Fall Of Rams RB Todd Gurley

January 10, 2017 05:12PM
no name
Good stuff.
I greatly enjoyed the clips, but I don't agree with the "breakdowns"

misone said: "It is clear to see here the result of using Austin to free up Gurley" .... NO ... Austin isn't the one that freed up Gurley. It was a complete mental lapse by the blitzer that lined up on the edge of the far side.

The Rams lined up with a TE on each side and Arizona put 8 in the box and were playing man-to-man coverage with one safety deep. Each of the Rams WR's drew their coverage, and the TE's also drew their man.

Either the MLB or the Safety lining up on the edge should have picked up Gurley ... instead, they both blitzed.

It looks as if the Safety didn't know that they were playing man-to-man or he would have known to cover Gurley when Austin went in motion and it could have been an easy stuff for him. The Rams capitalized on Arizona's blown coverage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

misone said: "It was a half-ass, sliding, shoe lace tackle, effort from the defender and it worked" .... ahhhh NO.

Watch Gurley's feet ... his feet were not touched by a defender, it appears that he injured his ankle or lost his footing BEFORE he secured the ball and went down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

misone said: "The offensive line moves the entire front side of the defensive line 3-4 yards off the ball" FALSE. Gurley was hit at the line and was able to grind the play for a 5-yard gain. misone must have thought the 20-yard line was the LOS, but it wasn't.... the 22-yard line was, and that is where Gurley got hit. The only O-Lineman to get to the 2nd-level was the LT, he was untouched, but the play was run to the right, nobody on the right side was able to bully their way to the 2nd level. Only a RB like Barry Sanders or Marshall Faulk would have gotten more yards out of that play.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

misone said: "the Cardinals run the exact same play and get the exact same hole" .... not so fast....look again.... by the time that the Cards RB hits the LOS, two of the Cardinals linemen were already at the 2nd level. And Ogletree falls on his a$$ without getting touched. If Ogletree shot the right gap and didn't overpursue, he could have stopped the RB for a 3 yard gain, instead the play resulted in a TD. ... NO, the Arizona RB didn't get the "exact same hole".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

misone said: "another example of Gurley simply running into the backs of his linemen" This one isn't on Gurley either. The play was lined up beautifully, Donnal and Saffold each made it to the 2nd level ... Kendricks was just supposed to stand up his man, but he couldn't; Center Tim Barnes couldn't stand up his man either. The fail was on the blocking. If Kendricks and Barnes had done their job half-a$$ed the play would have gone for a HUGE gain.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What these video clips showed me was that when the ball is snapped, that the Rams O-Line becomes a bunch of polite guys, there is no meanness in them at all.

Gurley is not a Marshall Faulk type of RB. Faulk was a 1st gear to 2nd gear to a slash and dice then let the turbo chargers take you to 5th gear. Gurley is a straight line dragster 2nd gear out of the box push the nos button and let the super-chargers take over. Gotta have complete different blocking and complete different plays for Gurley than one would have for Faulk.

Gurley is not a cut-back type of back. Any OC not understanding that doesn't deserve to be an OC in the NFL.

I want this guy wearing Horns: Jordan Westercamp

the video doesn't show how good his hands really are. I think he can be the next Danny Amendola.... with Chris Carter's hands... and then some.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rise And Fall Of Rams RB Todd Gurley

laram925January 10, 2017 04:52AM

no name297January 10, 2017 06:05AM

Re: No prob bruh....NM

laram215January 10, 2017 06:07AM

BobCarl175January 10, 2017 05:12PM

Re: BC...

laram184January 10, 2017 05:24PM

Re: BC...

BobCarl180January 10, 2017 06:39PM

that was very good

ferragamo79243January 10, 2017 07:14AM

Re: that was very good

six2stack209January 10, 2017 07:20AM

Re: yes it does

Speed_Kills208January 10, 2017 07:29AM

I didn't see that in the vids he posted.

SunTzu_vs_Camus214January 10, 2017 08:07AM

Re: I didn't see that in the vids he posted.

zn219January 10, 2017 08:37AM

thnx, zn! Great research!

SunTzu_vs_Camus189January 10, 2017 08:47AM

no quarrels with what's written there.....

21Dog211January 10, 2017 07:43AM

Re: no quarrels with what's written there.....

Rampage2K-258January 10, 2017 08:22AM

21Dog276January 10, 2017 08:34AM

Rampage2K-178January 10, 2017 08:47AM

Rams43186January 10, 2017 08:54AM

Re: excellent subject line, and a thorough article

leafnose180January 10, 2017 01:04PM

Initially I thought it was 100% coaching but

Rams_81205January 10, 2017 02:05PM