Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Jim Harbaugh, maybe he's not the guy we want?

December 31, 2016 12:27AM
GreatRamNTheSky
I'd like some feed back on this. Is Jim Harbaugh the type of coach this team needs or that we as fans want? One thing in particular that bothers me about Harbaugh is his teams ultimately seem to lose big games. Is that a fare impression?

They lost the Orange bowl tonight. They lost the show down game with Ohio State University. Harbaugh's 49ers lost the Super Bowl to the Ravens.
He lost big division games to the Seahawks.

Is that fare? Is Harbaugh's teams ultimately the kind of teams that just fall short?

Grits
I've been a fan of Harbaugh's coaching for a while now but I think you raise a fair question in general. He may not be the right coach to take a team to a championship. He hasn't proven he can do it so until then, that question will remain.

However, for the Rams in particular, Harbaugh has shown that he can take a team that needs help and make them a contender. He did it at USD and got famous for making Stanford relevant again. He got them to a bowl game then he led them to a bowl win the next year. He did a pretty fine job with the 49ers too. I didn't agree with him benching Smith for Kaepernick but at the time it netted results.

I think that should be a fair criticism of Harbaugh though. He did choose to go with Kaepernick and we've all seen how limited he can be. He's got Michigan relevant again too. So, that would be real nice if he could do that with the Rams. But, Harbaugh never stays anywhere too long. Is it because he chooses to leave or is forced out?

It sure doesn't sound like he's even an option for the Rams but I'd take him as he's proven to me that he can turn things around and he can do it quickly.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jim Harbaugh, maybe he's not the guy we want?

GreatRamNTheSky556December 30, 2016 09:27PM

Headslap75366December 30, 2016 09:32PM

Yes but we have had coaches like that.

GreatRamNTheSky233December 30, 2016 09:50PM

moklerman380December 31, 2016 12:27AM