Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams QB Case Keenum takes demotion in stride

December 28, 2016 06:24AM

By Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- First his starting job was stripped from him, then was his opportunity to even wear a uniform.

Case Keenum was the Los Angeles Rams' starting quarterback for the first nine games of their first season back in Southern California, then gave way to No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff. He will be an inactive for the last two because the Rams want to get a closer look at Sean Mannion, their third-round pick from 2015.

"I wasn't thinking about it, so yeah," Keenum said Tuesday when asked if he was surprised to have recently been demoted to third string for the final two games. "But it's not my job, not my decision. I just do what I'm coached to do."

Through nine games, Keenum completed 61 percent of his passes, averaged 6.93 yards per attempt, posted a 0.82 touchdown-to-interception ratio and compiled a 43.4 Total QBR that was the worst in the NFL during that time. But those numbers look great when compared to the ones produced by a 22-year-old Goff through six games -- 53.5 percent completions, 5.24 yards per attempt, 0.71 touchdown-to-interception ratio, 24.6 Total QBR.

Under Goff, the Rams are 0-6.

Under Keenum, the Rams went 7-6 if you include the final four games of the 2015 season.

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill374December 28, 2016 06:24AM

Re: Rams QB Case Keenum takes demotion in stride

BobCarl166December 28, 2016 03:01PM