Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adam Gase & Kyle Shanahan..... A Look at Gase's Staff

Anonymous User
December 21, 2016 05:39PM
For those of us that are okay with Kyle Shanahan possibly becoming the next Rams HC,

I thought it would be interesting to look at the kind of staff Adam Gase assembled to help the young lad get his feet under him.

We all know that if K.Shanahan is indeed hired, he will need to surround himself with a coaching staff that allows him to best succeed as a rookie HC.

I didnt have time this evening to research (and post in depth information) on all of Adam Gase's staff selections or the 2015 Dolphins holdovers that were retained but they seem to all work well together in AG's remarkable first year as an NFL head coach.

This article gives some good basic info on the majority of AG's staff ....

January 25, 2016
Dolphins announced numerous additions to coach Adam Gase's staff on Monday, perhaps the biggest being they're retaining Lou Anarumo, who finished last season as interim defensive coordinator.

Anarumo and special teams coach Darren Rizzi are among eight holdovers from former Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin's staff.

Defensive line coach Terrell Williams, who joined the team in 2015, will again serve in that role. Williams was previously the defensive line coach for Oakland for three seasons (2012-14).

Danny Barrett, who ended last season as the University of Central Florida interim head coach, will be the Dolphins running backs coach. Barrett, a former head coach of Saskatchewan (2000-06) in the Canadian Football League, also served as UCF's running backs coach (2011-14) and quarterbacks coach (2015).

Gase's staff includes the previously announced additions of Clyde Christensen (offensive coordinator),

Vance Joseph (defensive coordinator), Chris Foerster (offensive line),

Bo Hardegree (quarterbacks), Shawn Jefferson (wide receivers), Shane Day (tight ends),

Matt Burke (linebackers), and Jeremiah Washburn (assistant offensive line).

Gase's staff is almost complete., There are a few more assistant position coaches to be named.

"I am excited about this group of talented and experienced coaches," Gase said in a statement. "I have high regard for their collective experience, knowledge and passion for the game.

We will tirelessly work together to build schemes around our players' strengths and are looking forward to getting to work and preparing for the upcoming offseason program."

The Dolphins also announced several other coaching staff changes and additions.

Charlie Bullen, who served as assistant defensive line coach the previous four seasons, will serve as assistant linebackers coach.

Rusty McKinney, a coaching intern in Cleveland the previous two seasons, will serve as defensive quality control coach.

Ben Johnson, who was tight ends coach for the final 12 games last season and will enter his fifth season with the organization, will serve as assistant wide receivers coach.

Chris Kuper, a Pro Bowl offensive lineman for Denver in 2013, will be the offensive quality control coach.

Dave Puloka, who served as assistant strength and conditioning coach the previous eight seasons, has been promoted to head strength and conditioning coach. Jim Arthur, who spent the previous 11 seasons with Chicago, and Ted Rath, who spent the previous seven seasons with Detroit, are assistant strength and conditioning coaches.

Ken O'Keefe, who has been with the Dolphins the previous five years as wide receivers coach and, after being promoted late last season, senior offensive assistant,] will serve as senior football research analyst. Blue Adams, the Dolphins' assistant defensive backs coach the previous four seasons, will serve as football research analyst.

[www.sun-sentinel.com]

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Adam Gase & Kyle Shanahan..... A Look at Gase's Staff

Anonymous User619December 21, 2016 05:39PM

Not sure I want to see his staff.

Blue and Gold313December 21, 2016 05:40PM