Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardale Jones

December 19, 2016 04:33AM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - This time three years ago Cardale Jones was showing what type of third string quarterback he was while leading Ohio State to a national championship.

Now the same question stands with the Bills, but this time Jones will not be able to prove it on the field.

"I think you can learn a lot by observing, but the way you're going to learn the most is actually getting out there," head coach Rex Ryan said Thursday. "But clearly there are benefits from sitting and learning, especially, I can imagine, at quarterback."

"I feel like everyday in practice that's my chance to play in the game," Jones said. "I mean I'm playing against a NFL defense, so, like I said, that's my game time each and every day to go against some of the best athletes in the world and some of the best guys at what they do in their jobs, so I take it as a game. "

Jones has taken this time to work on mechanics, studying the playbook, and adjusting to the speed of the game. Quarterbacks coach David Lee has really been hands-on with the development, with Jones making serious strides in a short time.

"He says back in the spring if you're elbow was down you wouldn't have made that throw, I'm so proud of you and things like that," Jones said. "Just keep improving the little things that he said. Still ways to improve, but just doing what he says."

"He's working hard," offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn said. "He's a gun slinger, strong arm. You watch him in scout team, evaluate his reps on scout team, he's putting the ball in the right places, he's accurate. I think his developments coming along fine."

So fine that Lynn says Jones is, "What you want waiting on the runway."

With questions surrounding Tyrod Taylor's future, take off may be sooner than expected.

"I think I'm ready, but I'm just really taking coaching right now," Jones said. "The competitor in me says, yeah, I'm ready to play. Put me out there right now. I'll go one on eleven, but realistically thats up to the coaches."

[www.twcnews.com]

gave him a 1st rd grade...22nd overall..next to Mannion there hasn't been a qb I have studied more....like Mannion gave both have off the charts plus character grades.....also like Mannion hope he also gets to start a game or 2 before the season ends and Denver gives Lynch a start..be a great end to an intersting season
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cardale Jones

poplarbluffman512December 19, 2016 04:33AM