Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kroenke and Fisher conversation (2012) ....

December 05, 2016 02:00PM
Conversation between Kroenke and Fisher in 2012:

SK: Jeff, I’m going to be relocating the team to LA in 2016. I need someone who can keep the lid on the move for as long as possible, handle the media, the logistics of the move, and do your best building and coaching a football team in the process. The experience you dealt with in TN could be invaluable to this franchise. Are you willing to go through this again? Is this something you’d want to do again?

JF: Stan, moving a franchise was one of the most difficult challenges I’ve had to deal with in my coaching career. You can only imagine how much baby-sitting I had to do with the players. In the years leading up to the move I’m going to have to be the players’ best friend because if I’m too hard on them they’ll crumble. Wins may be hard to come by but trust me I know what I’m doing.

SK: Are you interested in doing it again?

JF: I would be, but in order to ensure the smoothest of transitions to a new city I’d want to have complete control of football operations. This is the only way I can promise you that the move will go perfectly. I’ll need to hire coaches that I trust and will follow orders. Our roster will have to be primarily filled with younger players who don’t know any better and will listen to me. That means roster turnover year after year and wins may be hard to come by.

SK: That’s the second time you mentioned wins would be hard to come by?

JF: Yes, I just want to prepare you for what in all likelihood will happen when you have to maintain a roster full of young men and a franchise moves to another city.

SK: But through it all you’ll still try to win?

JF: Absolutely. Every week you’ll see us trying very hard and I promise you we’ll always be competitive. Trust me I know what I'm doing.

SK: How much do I need to pay you to handle the relocation to LA?

JF: 35 million

SK: How much do I need to pay you to handle the football operations and coaching?

JF: Nothing. I’ll do that for free.

Stan got what he paid for.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Kroenke and Fisher conversation (2012) ....

LARams17453December 05, 2016 02:00PM