Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Thanks, 43

December 05, 2016 05:49PM
Rams43
Here's DCH...

Kenny Britt. I did NOT expect him to completely stink up the joint.Honorable mention to Kendricks, who is solely responsible for Goff's first INT of the day.

Higbee looked pretty big, fast and catch-y when they tried to get him the ball. I don't know if the OC knows how to use him, but he does pass the eyeball test as a weapon at TE.

Gurley seems lost, and part of that is a lack of opportunities.

Quick showed up a couple times. His catch (that was initially called not a catch) was SICK, and when we were watching the replay, we all agreed - damn, it was a catch, and what a catch at that.

Cooper doesn't seem to bring much, but he didn't get used much, so the jury is out.

I am missing what might have been great opportunities for Nelson Spruce. What the club needs is sticky fingers. If the ball is off target, or even dead on, this WR group is not dependable. Quick had a fairly decent day minus the one drop. Appreciate this fan noticing how sensational of a catch that was.

Why is Mike Thomas on the offensive unit at all if Boras or Groh or whoever is game planning the passing part not making Thomas a primary?

Which brings me back to Spruce. there's the guy you want on the field using the route tree, and making chains move. He'd take the pop from the DB and hold on. And also make another point. The club needs more like Spruce. Sterling Shepherd comes to mind, but that's behind us now.

Cooper really doesn't add much does he? This is size issue. The rookie QB needs some larger targets when the OL is breaking down so fast. Balls are skipping off the hands of the smaller WRs, and it is not just imagination.

Then there's Higbee. Coupled with the lack of looks for Thomas is some poor scheming to get the big TE participating in handling the ball.
Now, Thomas, I can understand. The kid is lightweight. He's a rail, but Higbee? He's a big, big kid.

Todd Gurley is awfully good coming out of the backfield as a receiver, but sure won't know it from this game. Boras went back to back "out" pass plays at one point. The first set up went haywire, and the second was no gain. Neither of those plays inspire me and if there was an in session move to fire a position coach it might be Boras. Things have gone from bad to worse, and I can't imagine there's a net loss if the company comes out and fall flat on their faces this Sunday.

Taking out Boras? wouldn't be like losing your bishop in a chess match. The guy barely ranks as a pawn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few observations from the lower deck by DCH...

Rams43609December 05, 2016 12:21PM

Re: Thanks, 43

leafnose294December 05, 2016 05:49PM

Spruce and Higbee

LMU93245December 06, 2016 04:26AM