Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doing a Model Job

December 01, 2016 10:54AM
Simply stated any football organization who has not won in 12 years should be hard pressed to state anybody in their organization has done a model job.
It borders on insulting your fan base when you refer to your coach who has been with the team for 5 years and is no closer to winning now then he was when he signed on as doing a model job.

I saw a stat posted the other day. 28 players on offense for the Rams which have been drafted by Fisher and Snead and only 1 pro bowl appearance among them. I think that was Gurley and I seem to recall Gurley as being in the pro bowl last season.

I know Hekker has been in the pro bowl but he's not on offense.

I know Aaron Donald and I believe Robert Quinn have been in the pro bowl but they are on defense.

I concede that the Rams have had terrible luck with the QB position since Fisher came onboard.

But drafting number 8 for Tavon of which they traded up to get him and drafting GRob number 2 overall they have had minimal return on both those players.

Gurley was number 10 over all and he has flashed in 2015 and been a complete dud in 2016. Why? My opinion is the offensive line is not very good at run blocking. But if you watch Gurley run he is tentative. He's not explosive or aggressive. Probably because he's expecting to get hit as soon as he gets the ball.

If Fisher stays he has to make and I believe the front office has to make him make major concessions on offense. They are going to have to force him to take on an offensive coordinator who is proven to be able to coach up QBs and to open up the attack.

I think they need a new O-line coach as well.

LOGIC of what I am seeing, despite what is rumored on social media and the press is that Fisher is done. A change will be made.

The only thing that makes since is a new voice and a new vision for this team and that equates to a new coach.

Grits

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2016 10:56AM by GreatRamNTheSky.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Doing a Model Job

GreatRamNTheSky548December 01, 2016 10:54AM

Re: Doing a Model Job

oldschoolramfan216December 01, 2016 12:05PM

+1 ... "Law of Limited Performance"

LMU93266December 01, 2016 12:34PM