Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRANSCRIPT: Head Coach Jeff Fisher -- Post Practice -- November 29, 2016

November 29, 2016 04:47PM
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post Practice – November 29, 2016

(Opening remarks)

“Good start to the week. Yesterday was ‘put it behind you’ and today was all about the next opponent. We had solid meetings. Backed down a little bit today from a normal Tuesday. We just got some guys that weren’t able to go, but needed the reps – I was pleased with where it went. Jared’s (Goff) into the plan, he’s excited. Like last week, he was excited to go up against (Saints Qcool smiley Drew Brees and how could you not be excited to go and compete against (Patriots Qcool smiley Tom Brady. They’re playing well and we are on to New England. We’ll have some injury reports for you tomorrow. We’ll have some guys back on the field – I think tomorrow and then maybe a couple guys probably have to wait until Friday. But we’re in good shape right now.”

(On his reaction to Eric Dickerson’s comments regarding their conversation)

“I’ll say this – I stand behind what I talked about yesterday. He’s welcome here. The last conversation we had was really positive – that was on November 17. I got a text from him moments after saying, ‘Thanks for the conversation, best of luck, have a good night and go Rams.’ I don’t know what took place between then and now. But I’m on to New England now – we’re moving forward. He’s welcome – he’s always been welcome as it was documented in things that I said. I want him to be around, want him to be part of this family like we have with everybody else. I don’t know where it came from. We’re moving on.”

(On if he’s surprised about how much traction this received)

“I heard some things. I didn’t pay much attention. I’ve been game planning most of the day, as coaches do. But, I heard that there were some things out there. Again, the way we left it, it was good. I don’t know where it got off course as far as he’s concerned. He’s welcome here. He’s a Hall of Famer. I have great respect for his career, and his jacket, and what he represents.”

(On if he’s reached out to Dickerson again)

“We’ve done that. When we finished the conversation, I thought things were good. So, I’m moving on. We’ve had (former Rams DE) Jack (Youngblood) out here. Like I said yesterday, I’ve talked to (former Rams T) Jackie Slater. Our guys are welcome here, and they’re a part of this; a part of this new start, this new era here in town.”

(On did he address the team about the situation)

“No. I talked about New England. I think that’s probably much more important than this. It’s a fact. These guys are 9-2. This is a good football team. So, that’s where our focus is.”

(On if he’s reached out to any former players that might have been critical of the team in years past)

“I still don’t follow the question here, but I have not had a lot of criticism from my former players. I trust the relationships I’ve established with my players. I have great relationships with my players. This game is about establishing relationships, and I’ve done so. With respect with the Eric situation, and it’s well documented, he’s totally entitled to his opinion and he has every right to be critical. As I told him in the conversation, you can’t have it both ways, you can’t be critical and then come back and ask for this, and ask for that. That’s just common sense. And we got it resolved. Again, based on that last conversation I had with him and the text, it was resolved. Anything about New England?”

(On if the report stating that Dickerson can have luxury suite passes is true)

“I opened everything to Eric. I wanted him to know that we would provide anything for him that he needed.”

(On if this is a distraction to the players)

“No, no it’s not. When you guys finish, you can go in the locker room and ask them. It’s not. They’re focused, they’re ready and they understand the challenge. It’s not a distraction. This is the most I’ve talked about it all day long – I’ve been working all day.”

(On how the team has been able to keep spirits up with the losing record)

“It’s the opportunity each day, as you prepare, to go out and have a chance to win another football game. That’s what it’s about, that’s how our league is. Obviously, we had to put it behind us real quickly and recognize what happened in the game and understood why. Now let’s accept this great challenge. (Patriots Head Coach) Bill (Belichick) is a great coach, he’s got a great staff and he’s got a really good football team. It’s a tough place to play, they haven’t lost many games there. Right now, the score is 0-0, so we’ll see what happens.”

(On Dickerson’s comments regarding being “banned from sidelines” and if there was a contentious conversation that he thought resolved itself)

“We never went there. As you guys know and as he has said, he, again, was voicing his opinion, which he has every right to do so. And then immediately after, wanted things from the organization – and it doesn’t work that way. You can have it one way or the other, it’s just simple. No one banned him. We had that discussion and I opened the organization, I opened our arms to him during the discussion, that’s where we left it, that’s where it was.”
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

TRANSCRIPT: Head Coach Jeff Fisher -- Post Practice -- November 29, 2016

Shaky566November 29, 2016 04:47PM

Head Coach Jeff Fisher -- Presser Today 11/29/16 (video)

Anonymous User228November 29, 2016 04:56PM