Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 11 Saints ... Passing clinic attendees

November 29, 2016 02:54PM
Before I say anything else, I just want to see if I'm right about this ...

It may just be my odd memory, but besides the one drive where Aaron Donald blew up Brees, if my memory serves, our defense gave up 9 TD DRIVES IN A ROW. WHAT. THE. &^$%^&$^%. I would say it's unacceptable but it goes far beyond that into the area of "baffling" and possibly into "Alabama vs. Chattanooga" levels.

Also, just going to put this out there ... how sure was I that we were going to get after Brees and give their offense a run? I sat Drew Brees AND Mike Thomas in my fantasy leagues, and lost every single game as a result. I have 4 leagues ...

I am going to focus more than one section on Goff, since he's my focus now. I am also going to start getting the college stuff more together ... slowly, lol.

The Great

1) Goff's 3 TD passes (in one half no less). Quick recognition inside the 20, perfect touch and accuracy. I wasn't expecting this level of accuracy yet because it usually takes longer to gauge speed and create trust.

2) Ohio State and Michigan ... and Harbaugh's meltdown and fine afterwards. Wait, that's Rams related, right?

The Good

3) Mike Thomas. I have this under the good because I had his draft grade way higher than where he was taken ... and it's going to be hard to fill up good things from this game.

4) Saffold at OT. More specifically, the benching of GRob.

5) Britt's continued aggressive nature.

6) Goff's attitude in the 2 minute drill. Body language is huge for me ... while walking to the huddle and looking over to the sidelines ... I got the sense that he wasn't getting clear communication, and while walking he got close to Barnes, who was kinda lollygagging, and he pushed him into position with an annoyed sense of urgency. He doesn't have the ability to call out the defense yet for sub par effort, but he's already commanding respect with his play and confidence.

7) The play design on Britt's TD, and the execution of the rub route without drawing a penalty.

8) Donald's strip sack backflip bodyslam ...

9) I'm going to put the sideline altercation here ... as I found it to be truly necessary to see as a fan.

The Bad

10) Goff's flinging it high when he rushes. Yes, he's a rookie, but I've got to mention it.

11) Seriously Saffold ... you got hurt your first opportunity to play outside?

12) Gurley seems emotional.

13) The INT needed to be broken up. Yes he shouldn't have thrown it ... but I expect TEs to know better.

14) Our secondary, in general.

The Ugly

15) At what point does giving up 200 yards rushing happen? Were our LBs and Safeties sleeping?

16) Where was the LB on Cadet's and Hightower's TD? Or safety? Seriously? No coverage at all?

17) Not knowing which defensive players gave up for certain, because they were all so bad.

18) The unfortunate that I am ... Wanting Fisher to be retained and fully believing he would be fired the first 6 games of the season ... moving to wanting him fired and believing fully now that he WILL be retained. That's an unexpected transition for me.

The Saving Grace

19) Goff and Gurley. That's the foundation of an offense moving forward.

College ...

20) The second round pick is crazy. I want a game changing DE, but we may have an opportunity at CB or WR. Getting another average WR is not on my list of things to do. Upgrading Gaines isn't going to happen after round 3 (we may get lucky in the 3rd).

21) The three Cs ... Pocic, Elflein, and Cole. There are some small school kids that are showing well, but I need to see their postseasons. After watching Elflein and Cole play one another, looks like Cole has the better feet btu Elflein has strength and can anchor better, let me know if you guys are seeing the same thing.

22) I think we can get a starting S down to the 4th round, this may be the best year ever at the position, and Im going back to the year Berry and Thomas came in ...

I will have fun the rest of the year watching Goff develop ... maybe we'll see where we can cut bait with some of the mistakes Fisher has made ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 11 Saints ... Passing clinic attendees

alyoshamucci925November 29, 2016 02:54PM

Re: and thanks......

leafnose354November 29, 2016 08:03PM

enjoyed the report as always nm

21Dog376November 29, 2016 08:21PM

@leaf ... Darboh and Williams ..

alyoshamucci449November 30, 2016 08:52AM

Re: @leaf ... Darboh and Williams ..

leafnose412November 30, 2016 05:21PM

Good stuff