Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Robert Quinn attributes hospitalization to dehydration

November 18, 2016 06:14PM

By Jack Wang, Los Angeles Daily News

THOUSAND OAKS >> Four days removed from a brief stay in the hospital, Rams defensive end Robert Quinn said he received simple instructions from his doctors: Drink more water.

“That’s what I took from the whole thing,” he said Friday. “Drink more water — and often, at that.” Those words offer a somewhat reassuring end to a scary experience, one that saw Quinn hospitalized early Monday morning with what the team would only call a non-football-related illness. TMZ later published audio of a 911 call in which a woman identifying herself as Quinn’s mother-in-law described him going through what appeared to be a seizure. Asked about what happened, Quinn would only attribute the episode to dehydration.

“It kind of just overwhelmed me,” he said. “It really just surprised me. Happened so fast. Didn’t really have a lot of time to think about it. Just dealt with it when I realized what was going on. Kept on moving forward.”

The incident had seemed worrisome given Quinn’s health history. The 26-year-old was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor during his senior year of high school, a condition for which he still gets biannual check-ups. Both Quinn and Rams coach Jeff Fisher said that his illness was not related to the tumor.

After sitting out Wednesday’s practice, Quinn returned to the field on Friday and participated in full. He is officially listed as questionable to play against the Dolphins on Sunday (1 p.m., FOX) at the Coliseum.

“I don’t know how exactly it’s going to play out,” Quinn said. “I was able to get out there today. It’s going to come down to the doctors, Fisher, and ultimately how I feel. Hopefully, I can get out there on Sunday and be somewhat productive. If not, well, the guys have got to rally up, keep it going.”

Read Complete Article
[www.whittierdailynews.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill665November 18, 2016 06:14PM

Re: Robert Quinn attributes hospitalization to dehydration

MamaRAMa415November 18, 2016 11:04PM

yep, I agree, Mama.

SunTzu_vs_Camus362November 19, 2016 09:07AM

Re:Agreed Mama a bit fishy to say the least...NM

laram252November 19, 2016 09:32AM

Re: Re:Agreed Mama a bit fishy to say the least...NM