Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams Notes: Robert Quinn rejoins team, could play Sunday

November 16, 2016 04:59AM

By RYAN KARTJE / STAFF WRITER

THOUSAND OAKS – Rams defensive end Robert Quinn was back at practice Tuesday afternoon and is “doing well” just a day after he was hospitalized for a non-football illness.

Quinn was not dressed, but was in good spirits on the sideline Tuesday, jogging around and chatting with teammates. Rams coach Jeff Fisher said test results were good and that Quinn’s status is day to day. He has not been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Dolphins.

“He was all smiles,” nose tackle Michael Brockers said. “He was really up to speed, for a guy that was just hospitalized.”

The team offered no details about the nature of Quinn’s hospitalization, but in a 911 call obtained by TMZ Sports on Tuesday evening, a woman who identified herself as Quinn’s mother-in-law told the operator that Quinn was having a seizure. Quinn, according to the woman, was still seizing when the call was made. At one point during the call, she told the 911 operator that the 26-year-old defensive end was standing on his own.

When Quinn was in high school, a small, benign brain tumor was discovered at the top of his spinal cavity. He has received biannual checkups to monitor the tumor, and Fisher said Tuesday it was “highly unlikely” that the tumor was related to his condition. But upon hearing of his hospitalization, concerned teammates who hadn’t seen any symptoms feared that may be the cause.

“I know Rob’s history,” Brockers said. “I know about the tumor and stuff, so I was really scared about if something came back. I wanted to pray for him. At the same time, I just didn’t know enough to understand about the situation. It was good to just see him this morning and talk to him and ask him if everything was good. He told us everything was OK and that he felt fine.”

Read Complete Article
[www.ocregister.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill407November 16, 2016 04:59AM