Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rex Ryan fires back at Pete Carroll...

November 11, 2016 06:30AM
[www.cbssports.com]

It all started when Richard Sherman steamrolled Bills kicker Dan Carpenter just before halftime on Monday night. The Seahawks cornerback was flagged for jumping offsides, but inexplicably, not for roughing the kicker. For good measure, officials botched another call seconds later, and the Bills ended up missing the field goal.

Fast forward to later in the game when Sherman intercepted a Tyrod Taylorpass near the Bills' sidelines and used the opportunity to taunt Bills coach Rex Ryan.

"He's mean-mugging like he's always doing and whatever," Ryan told reporters after the game. "Guy's a great player, but he does, you know. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought, I thought he roughed our kicker. It was a ridiculous play, no question. Then he's over on the sideline basically taunting us, so I had some words. I think I said 'You're too good a player to act like an ass.' I think that's what I said."

It is with some irony that Ryan, a man known for his bluster, would call out someone else. That said, he ain't wrong. Still, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn't appreciate it, telling 710 ESPN Seattle, "I just wish he'd coach his own team. That's it. Just coach your own guys."

And because we're talking about Rex Ryan, he of course had a response to Carroll's response to Ryan's initial response.

"I do coach my own guys but I forgot, I guess I should have asked Pete when somebody asked me a question about one of his players, I should have asked Pete about the appropriate response I guess," Ryan said on a Tuesday conference call.

In related news: Carroll accused one of Ryan's players -- kicker Dan Carpenter -- of over-acting.

"He hams it up a little bit too [much], which makes it bad," Carroll said, ignoring his own advice.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rex Ryan fires back at Pete Carroll...

Rams43512November 11, 2016 06:30AM