Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't agree with that in fact I don't think it's based on anything

November 05, 2016 11:19AM
Florida_Ram
I have no doubt that they Snead/Fisher/Boras/Weinke all thought they could get JG ready to be the starter at some point during the first quarter of the season or so.

When they scouted/interviewed and traded up to get JG, surely they were quite hopeful and believed JG would prove himself and win the job because of his talent along with the teaching of their coaching staff.

The second they turned in the draft card with JG's name on it, I believe they all thought it would come together less than 8 games into the season.

I also believe Fisher thought if for some reason JG wasn't capable of taking on the responsibility when they likely expected, he always had plan A/2 to ride it out with Keenum for a month or so had they miscalculated, which they probably did but they will never admit it.

Both JG and Fisher's offensive staff failed to deliver.. At this point I could care less who's more to blame. My gut tells me Goff was definitely more to blame in the beginning months but Fisher's staff after 7 games has to be held accountable for what ever reasons they're not going to admit.

Fisher has played this safe from the beginning of training camp. He's been safe to protect the psych of his golden arm from failure as well as the reputation of his offensive staff being qualified to groom a young spread formation rookie quarterback.

Basically, you read their minds, and then determine on the basis of criteria you get from sheer mindreading that they failed.

In contrast I see a qb who had a lot to learn and then they made a decision during the summer to give the #1 reps to Keenum, which meant they made it clear they were going to take longer with him. AND none of that is a "failure."

First, where do I get this from. Not "I have no doubt" style magic mindreading. I got it from what they said. In the big recent article where Weinke talks about the process, they straightforwardly say they saw him as taking longer so shifted emphasis to Keenum.

Since I never thought it mattered when Goff started, I don;t see any "failure."

Plus of course no one can find any evidence that developing a rookie qb one way -- starting him right away, sitting him --- is superior to the other. Both approaches work.

Maybe people want to see Goff and in their heads that gets translated into this belief that not seeing him is failure.

I don't share those opinions...and more than not sharing them, I don't believe they're based on anything real.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

This was interesting, re: Snisher presser after draft on Jared Goff..

laram955November 04, 2016 12:54PM

Re: This was interesting, re: Snisher presser after draft on Jared Goff..

Rams43305November 04, 2016 03:31PM

Funny how they told Fisher he didn't look happy...

max403November 04, 2016 04:18PM

again

zn419November 04, 2016 04:50PM

Thanks Jeff...

jemach316November 05, 2016 03:30AM

Rams enjoying rare health

max316November 05, 2016 04:33AM

Re:This was interesting, re: Bottom line they thought they could

Anonymous User329November 04, 2016 05:39PM

Re: Good levelheaded post Florida...

laram324November 05, 2016 04:21AM

Re: Re:This was interesting, re: Bottom line they thought they could

Rampage2K-251November 05, 2016 09:59AM

roman18326November 05, 2016 10:37AM

zn249November 05, 2016 01:28PM

I don't agree with that in fact I don't think it's based on anything

zn245November 05, 2016 11:19AM

right or wrong.......

HighPlainsDrifter235November 05, 2016 11:28AM

DESERT RAM385November 05, 2016 11:00AM

dzrams251November 05, 2016 11:55AM

moklerman231November 05, 2016 12:28PM

dzrams218November 05, 2016 02:08PM

zn244November 05, 2016 12:33PM