Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout midway college Rams preview ...

November 03, 2016 02:11PM
So, for me this isn't early. I get a pretty solid picture of the draftable landscape about 2/3rds the way through the season ... the no-namers have crept onto the scene by now and the players have either met or not met expectations.

I almost always steer my heaviest eyes towards Rams needs ... in this case I have been watching DE. FS, and OC ... WR and CB next on the list (even though DT is arguable, the class isn't good so I got bored with it).

So, I'll go by position ...

QB This position is a joke this year. Walter's has 3 kids going top ten, and I wouldn't rate them as first rounders even in a reach situation. Kaaya, Kizer, and Watson ... Watson is the best, but I can't see him as an NFL starter. The best p[;ayers at the position are first year starters, or in need of another development year ... including the guys above.

RB This is a VERY good class. A LOT of teams and Fantasy teams are going to get healthy this year. Fournette is a beast, but there are many other amazing talents that could really shine ... a 5th-6th round pick will get us a really solid player.

WR) This class is schizophrenic ... there are some top tier players ... Mike Williams and JuJu are the two tops for me ... with Corey Davis trailing close behind. But there are some sneaky talents that could be had all over the draft, no matter what "type" of WR we're looking for. IF we are looking for one. I would love to have a guy like Darboh in round 4 or 5 should he not garner higher attention.

TE) Great class. Bucky Hodges for me is the 1, and I'd have him going top 10 if a team was serious about the position. He is like Calvin Johnson high pointing and battling for the ball, but 255 pounds and 6-7. OJ Howard ... Jake Butt ... and some other high end names, filtering down to some really solid lower tier players ... if we happen to not be thrilled with what we have. But I think we are.

OT) I don't know if there's a starter at OLT that looks good. There are some guys that win ugly like Havenstein ... but no smooth obvious players. Im sure teams will reach, but this is more a Joeckel type year ... my guess is that there's a developmental player that we can waste and not develop that could slide to us late.

OG) Some standout players here ... I could see OGs going early and often through the first three rounds. Just some big mean players. I like the idea of snagging depth here when talent slides ala Wichmann.

OC) Graham Pocic is my guy ... but I've seen a few others who have caught my attention. This is often an intelligence thing, so I can't grade as well as I'd like just from blinking it.

DT) I am not a huge fan of really anyone here ... Malik Mcdowell is a 5 tech. I thought I might be nuts but then Walters had only 2 pure DTs in the top 2 rounds, and that's a stretch IMO with Caleb Brantley of UF and Jaleel Johnson of Iowa .. I like both, just more 3rd rounders.

DE) Maybe the best DE draft ever. Maybe. Great top end, great second tier. Im not even going to get into the players ... but Im certain to say that names like these will last till our pick in round 2 .. Lawson, Wormley, Walker, Chubb, Charleton, Wise, Fields ... and those guys are all special. They go in round two because there are THAT many special players ahead of them in round 1, and so many DBs.

Lcool smiley Actually a decent amount of good players, and Rueben Foster should go top 15, or to the first team that needs a MLB. He's so fast, and arrives angry. Then guys like Cunningham, Davis, McMillan, etc.

Ccool smiley Good top end, not elite ... but really deep. If something happened and we needed a starter we could get one in round 2 ... and there are likely going ot be solid depth players available like Gaines was in the 4th ...

S) Best year for S since the Berry-E Thomas year. I have three top 10 players ... Peppers, Adams, and Hooker. The guy I am geeking out on Washington state isn't even on the radar yet, but Luani will be ... I would love him in the 3rd. This is IF we need to replace Mo.

Ohio State and Michigan are stacked top to bottom for years ... so is Bama. I'll have some more updates along with game reports as the year progresses, but Im happy with snagging a DE in round 2 or 3, and a DB as the counterpoint to that, unless there's an OC we fall in love with. After that it's depth and bang for buck.

Any players, especially smaller school kids I need to watch for, let me know. (I like C Sutton at WR a LOT)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2016 02:12PM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout midway college Rams preview ...

alyoshamucci1086November 03, 2016 02:11PM

Re: Blinkscout midway college Rams preview ...

zn478November 03, 2016 05:21PM

Rams43407November 03, 2016 07:11PM

LMU93281November 04, 2016 02:59AM

bigjimram21269November 04, 2016 07:39AM

DE, I think it'll be two. It's a strong and deep class ...

alyoshamucci327November 04, 2016 10:19AM

Re: DE, I think it'll be two. It's a strong and deep class ...

bigjimram21266November 04, 2016 09:09PM

Clemson, Michigan, and Ohio State

alyoshamucci296November 05, 2016 01:50PM

brownsugar482November 03, 2016 11:09PM

AlbaNY_Ram284November 06, 2016 04:36AM

"Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! ........."

SunTzu_vs_Camus507November 04, 2016 12:51AM

Re: "Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding! ........."

leafnose288November 04, 2016 04:37AM

poplarbluffman389November 04, 2016 05:50AM

Gonna go way out on a limb here...

Rams43318November 04, 2016 08:45AM

oldmanram417November 04, 2016 10:18AM

Just a little to add

Deadpool405November 04, 2016 03:46PM

My needs

no name257November 05, 2016 02:25PM

Re: My needs

Rams43259November 05, 2016 07:25PM

Not a mid season need

no name241November 06, 2016 07:56AM

Re: Not a mid season need

Rams43271November 06, 2016 09:17AM