Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10/26 Practice Report: Goff Gets Bye Week Reps

October 26, 2016 06:24PM
Practice Report: Goff Gets Bye Week Reps

Myles Simmons

For every team in the NFL, a normal game week is strenuous and provides only limited on-field opportunities to get work done. There’s no real limit to how much study is done off the field in preparation for an opponent, but practice reps are reserved for those who will play.

Given those parameters, rookie quarterback Jared Goff has gotten fairly limited reps with the first-team offense since the calendar flipped from the preseason to regular season. But with no team to prepare for this week, the Rams’ No. 1 overall pick took the majority of snaps in Wednesday’s practice.

“Jared got a lot of reps, as we talked about,” head coach Jeff Fisher said. “I thought he did well.”

“I thought it went well,” Goff said. “I feel tremendously more comfortable than I’ve ever felt. I feel confident that if my number’s called, I’ll be ready to go. Just waiting for that time.”

Fisher said the session consisted of the young quarterback manning numerous different situations.

“He participated in seven-on-seven, then we had a red-zone-move [period], we had a 1st-and-10 run-play-pass period, then we had a pressure period. He handled everything really well — huddle presence and understanding, snap count, Mike-ID’s,” Fisher said. “He was going against our defense — he hadn’t gone against our defense [in our offense] in a while. So I thought he did a nice job.”

Read Complete Article [www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

10/26 Practice Report: Goff Gets Bye Week Reps

RamBill535October 26, 2016 06:24PM