Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game 6 Lions review .. and some college stuff ...

October 18, 2016 09:16AM
Bummer. For me it's simple ... both sides had injuries and atrocious pass defense ... 4th downs. We went 0/4. That was a two TD swing.

We're 3-3 and the season can go many ways.

The Great (again, rare in losses)

1) Case and Britt's big days. Have to give them credit for that ... happy for them.

The Good

2) Forrest making some plays at LB. First glance I thought he was Barron a few times. He closes fast.

3) Running room for Gurley.

4) Kendricks making some plays, again.

5) Jamon Brown being a beast.

6) Quick playing consistent and running hard.

7) Gurley's hands out of the backfield.

8) Benny being Benny and running hard.

9) Holding Marvin Jones to a pedestrian day.

The Bad

10) Stafford running for 3 first downs (IIRC)

11) Coverage ... just in general. Especially given the little threat of the run. Stafford's having a great year, and he wasn;t getting much pressure, but man ... gotta do better.

12) Brockers going down ... ouch ... made a difference.

13) Tavon .. RUN FORWARD. What on Earth man ... ??

14) Mike Thomas in the game for 20+ snaps and ZERO targets. They don't even have to cover him if you are never going to throw at him.

15) Why did we stop running the football when we were getting 5+ yards a clip? How did Gurley not have a 100 yard game?

16) Did Boras run out of plays?

The Ugly

17) 4 4th downs going the wrong way. Wow.

18) Golden Tate getting loose on that offsides ...

19) The lack of urgency ... Gurley running the ball ... The offense on the last drive ... The defense getting after the QB.

Changes I would make

20) Benny gets the start next game. I get that Gurley may have some issues with something. I just don't care. You don't want to run like you're possessed then stay on the sideline. That's honoring the sport above whatever issue you're having.

21) Stop focusing the passing offense around Tavon. And NEVER throw a WR screen to him again this year. We have two big WRs that are stretching the field ... use them.

22) Get some wildcat with Pharoh Cooper going.

23) If we can't get there with 4 ... and we can't cover with 7 ... blitz and cover poorly with 6 or 5. Can't cover poorly AND give the QB time. (I'm not saying we didn't blitz, just that we need to always blitz if we can't cover)

College focus

24) Round 2 seems to be DE. I can't shake it. Too much talent at the position to not have a high quality starter there. Lawson from Auburn is my bet. Wormley from Michigan would be even better. I have about 7 guys ahead of them ... 1st round grades down through pick 64 easy.

25) There seems to be quality at FS this draft, regardless of whether or not we need one.

26) There is nothing at QB this year that deserves a first round grade ... next year though? Next year looks good.

Thoughts and comments welcome ..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 6 Lions review .. and some college stuff ...

alyoshamucci835October 18, 2016 09:16AM

I hope they dont take another QB

Hazlet Hacksaw431October 18, 2016 09:43AM

Re: I hope they dont take another QB

dzrams358October 18, 2016 11:53AM

Desmond King

RamJr368October 19, 2016 02:59AM

Wow. thats some wild and crazy stuff right there, man. nm

max437October 18, 2016 11:56AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 6 Lions review .. and some college stuff ...

Rampage2K-309October 18, 2016 12:23PM

Re: No notes

leafnose343October 18, 2016 01:58PM

Glyndwr71274October 19, 2016 12:03AM

Rams43290October 19, 2016 07:20AM

SoCalRAMatic250October 19, 2016 01:05PM