Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few post game random thoughts...

October 17, 2016 07:25AM
And in no particular order...

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall in that Ram post game locker room. Probably for "mature audiences" only, huh? Lol. I completely understand why the players won't be talking about it, but still...

Keenum had a great game, statistically. But that last drive?

Was sweet to see the Rams enjoying both a running and passing game in that first half, wasn't it? Like old times, and sorta what many had expected as our new normal after the Gurley pick. A few holes in the running game and a QB constantly seeing and hitting wide open receivers. Thought we had finally turned that corner.

We have a largely still untapped TE passing attack potential.

I keep having to remind myself that it was the Lion D that our O was playing against, after all. Let's don't get carried away just yet. Besides, what happened later in the game to our balance and O effectiveness?

I fully support the choice to go for the TD on 4th and inches just before halftime. But that particular play call? A pulling Jamon Brown on 4th and inches? Still shaking my head over that one. There were tons of better play choices available, weren't there? I even considered the possibility that Brown might have run the wrong play in a brain fart!

Britt and Quick sure showed up, didn't they? Is it possible that the wrong WR (or WR's) got the $42 million contract? Just kidding. Kinda...

Wouldn't it be nice to see both our O and our D clicking in the same game? Would be rout city, huh?

I'm convinced. Ours is a top 5 D with a healthy Quinn, Brockers, and Hayes. Quinn is right up there with Donald as a Ram MVP type player on this D, in fact. Yesterday proved as much, I think. Insufficient pressure on Stafford all game long, and our CB's certainly paid the price. Didn't exactly help our LB's, either. We gave up 31 points? C'mon...

Know what? After witnessing the play of both Britt and Quick this year, I have to say that maybe WR is not nearly the need that I had thought it was. I'm now thinking that DE has moved to the top of my '17 wish list. Hope a good one is there at our pick in the 2nd round.

Put me in the camp that thinks that there's something not quite "right" about Gurley this year. Can't put my finger on it, but he doesn't look like the phenom of last year to me.

I will say this about Gurley. This O is crying out to see him even more involved in the passing game. Beyond obvious. All he does is make plays when he's targeted. C'mon, Boras. Make it happen.

Is it just me, or does this Forrest kid look like he can play LB in this league? I'm encouraged by what I'm seeing when he's in there.

Hope Quinn is 100% real soon, 'cause Gaines and Hill got undressed by Stafford because of the lack of pressure. Our whole D strategy is based upon a strong front four. Take that away due to injuries and our D drops to just so so. If that.

GZ has been automatic this year. Literally perfect through 6 games. I was wr... wr... WRONG about GZ. There, I said it.

Looks to me like both Britt AND Quick are more likely to be here in '17 than Fisher. Anybody else seeing the handicapping differently? Who'd a thunk it, especially Quick. ANOTHER Player I was 100% wrong about, btw.

What was Keenum thinking on that last pass? Target lock? I mean, after such a wonderful performance in this game? And with plenty of time? He's so easy to root for, you know? The David vs Goliath thing going for him. Plays well enough to win games for 58 minutes then gives you that awful facepalm moment in game after game. Rams can overcome it when they have a dominating D performance, but our D hasn't been dominating what with all the front four injuries.

Anybody else just sooooo tired of losing winnable games? And let's face it. The Niner, Bill, and Lion games were all winnable. I see Fisher finishing out this year as HC. That's the way Kroenke rolls. But I do NOT see Fisher as our '17 HC. Barring a miracle finish of some kind, that is. And the Rams already used their allotted miracle back in '99, I think.

So, what did I miss?

Thoughts welcome.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few post game random thoughts...

Rams43667October 17, 2016 07:25AM

good stuff and yes

ferragamo79326October 17, 2016 07:41AM

Re: A few post game random thoughts...

dodgerram226October 17, 2016 08:12AM

Rams43307October 17, 2016 08:15AM