Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Case

October 17, 2016 03:42AM
SoCalRAMatic
He had his best game ever as a pro. Nearly perfect completion percentage, over 300 yards and 4 TDs. Also completed a record 19 straight. Unfortunately we did not win, but we can't blame the quarterback. The season's nearly half over. I would love to see Goff but CK looks like a true starter. What to do? Oh, BTW, Mannion had a monster game in PS when he got the chance. Thoughts?

He had a great game and so did the receivers. The offense is finally getting in sync and he took advantage.

But I don;t think of Keenum as the starter.

He does take advantage of what's there and what he CAN do, and he's smart and a gamer and a self-maximizer. He also has (and has always had) a decent long ball. He's tough and has a little bit of improv to him too. He;s a great #2 type. Put his mind in Jay Cutler's body and you would have an all-pro.

But I don't think he's a franchise qb/starter. I don't think he's a great redzone qb, and in terms of clutch play when the team is down but can win, he's actually 50/50 (they won under those conditions against Tampa and Arizona, they lost under those conditions against Buffalo and Detroit). So I don't know how clutch he is when the game is on the line at the end. He doesn't have the arm for medium range lasers.

IMO you win with Keenum when your defense is playing well.

But he's not the future. I hope he's the Rams #2 for the rest of his career, but, he's not going to be the year in year out starter type.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2016 03:43AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Case

SoCalRAMatic439October 17, 2016 02:10AM

Re: Case

zn342October 17, 2016 03:42AM

Re: Case has played solidly

Speed_Kills257October 17, 2016 04:34AM

Re: Case has played solidly

zn185October 17, 2016 04:51AM

see my reply to come on your other post to max nm

Hazlet Hacksaw166October 17, 2016 05:02AM