Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"NFL Insiders" on (our) QB questions going forward.

October 10, 2016 12:04PM
NFL Insiders did a segment on the questions facing various franchises regarding the QB.

They said that Kelly may insert Kap to "provide a spark".
ME: Either way, they are going to have to address the QB position for next year via draft or FA.

They also said that Hoyer has probably won the job in the short term even if Cutler is healthy, but they will "certainly be in the QB hunt going into 2017."

They spent ESPN's required 50% of the segment talking about the Cowboys and what a pleasant dilemma they face once Romo gets healthy.

They pointed out that the Browns may not need that extra #1 they have next year from PHI cuz they will probably be picking high with their own.
ME: I know we're talking about CLE, but I don't think even they are stupid enough to pass on acquiring a franchise QB in next year's draft.

They opined that the Jets will stick with Fitz because Geno is "just that bad" while Hackenberg is waiting in the wings.
ME: Hack won't be waiting long once the Jets are mathematically eliminated. They need to see what they have before going into the 2017 season.

I also think there are a number of other teams that have QB questions (ARZ, MIA, etc) but that's for another post.

What makes the Rams unique is that WE DON'T HAVE TO LOOK TO THE DRAFT OR FA FOR OUR QB! He is already on the roster. It's just a matter of when Fisher will wake up and insert him into the line-up. The panel agrees with my sentiment:
Louis Riddick: "I've had a problem with this from the get-go..................
something is amiss with this because Case Keenum is not taking the where they want to go."
"It's a good opportunity to switch it out." according to Mark Dominic.
They were the only ones to comment on the Rams' QB conundrum.

I don't think there are many, if any, posters on this BB who believe that Keenum is the answer to our QB/offensive woes.

If we can see it and commentators can see it, why can't Fisher? There's a chance that we may have to take a step back with Goff before going forward, so why not do it now while he has the D and ST's to help cover his growing pains. And what if he doesn't have many growing pains? PHI, DEN, DAL (although they didn't have much of a choice) are all competing in the present as a result of stellar play from their young QB's they plan on going into the future. We should do/risk the same.

We have no way to acquire a QB in the draft, so why not play the one we gave up all those picks to acquire.

Kevin P.
I don't agree with argument that inserting Goff now could hinder his development in the future. Fisher hasn't had a winning/playoff season yet so he has very little, if anything, to lose. He will be our HC going forward so to cobb together another 7 or 8 win season does nothing to help this franchise going forward.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

"NFL Insiders" on (our) QB questions going forward.

guinnessram473October 10, 2016 12:04PM