Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thoughts From Watching the Game LIVE!

October 10, 2016 10:32AM
I took in the game live yesterday and was pretty close to the action. We were stationed in row 19, which sat right in front of the 10 yard line, closest to where the torch was lit. I'm going to go with stream of consciousness and just write stuff that pops out from taking the event live.

I've never been to a sporting event where the women's restroom line was shorter than the men's line, but in this case the men's line was a mile long (at half-time).

It was hot at the game. I paid $7 bucks for a lemonade. Beers where going for $14-$16 from what I saw.

I don't think I've ever seen an offense be more horizontal than vertical. The Rams throw so many of these 2 and 3 yard completions that it makes you wonder if it would be more exciting to watch paint dry.

The safety's of the Bills were playing so close to the line of scrimmage throughout the game that whenever the Rams threw 7-10 yard slants to Britt and Quick they had success. The middle of the field was open all game long.

Case Keenum is a journeyman. He missed on a TD throw to Tavon, making the completion but leading him out of bounds, a competent throw where Tavon had 2-3 steps on defender changes the game. I think it was in the 2nd quarter where he threw a 10-15 yard floater along the sideline and right before he threw it I said, "Uh Oh" because the defender was running a better route than the receiver and it would have easily have been picked if better thrown. It just went over his out-stretched arms. If we stick with Keenum all season long we are 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. I don't see an upside with him and I'm all for going with Goff.

Cooper was in limited packages yesterday and as soon as he came in I told my friends watch for the ball to go to #10 here (I think this was his 1st time on the field) and sure enough Keenum on cue throws in Cooper's direction and the Bill's defender is returning it for a Pick 6.

I don't know if the offensive line is to blame for Gurley's woes or if Gurley lacks patience and vision thus far. It is probably a combination of both. From what I remember the first Gurley fumble was tough to stomach because the Rams were within field goal range and then the Bills turn this turnover into 7 points.

#22 Johnson missed a pick six opportunity after a thrown ball was tipped and instead of having ball awareness (he was in better position to intercept, than the receiver to catch) decides to blow up the receiver.

Alec Ogletree was awful in the 1st quarter. On 3 consecutive plays he missed tackles or got juked out of his jock, where McCoy or whoever was running made big gains. He must have settled down later because I didn't notice anything glaring.

I did notice that Quinn was missing because there was never any pressure from that side, but didn't realize that Hayes or Brockers were out. No wonder they kept getting gashed for big yards from the RB. On several passing plays the quarterback had way too much time, especially on that TD throw to the back corner of the end zone, he must have had 5-6 seconds to find somebody.

Is there a team that gives up more first downs on 3rd and long than the Rams? The first quarter and the Bills 1st possession (I think) the defense had them 3rd and 19, Ogletree gets juked in the middle of the field and McCoy gains 21 yards or so for the first...UGLY.

Don't get to see too many running into the kicker penalties, but I got to see it in person. Tavon had the Rams with good field position after run and catch, but ball got turned back over to the Bills with 15 yards tacked on. I think the Rams held on defense with a 3 and out, but the field position was changed.

I totally disagreed with the field goal call to not go for the touchdown on 4th and five. The Rams were down 7 points with only 5-6 minutes left in the game. The Rams are not explosive on offense and there was no guarantee they would be in better position to score a TD. If you miss, then you have the Bills on the 5 yard line and the defense was solid in the second half for the most part. Maybe you get a 3 and out and Tavon can help with some sort of return?

When the Rams were in the Red Zone, not once did Keenum throw a ball into the end zone.

I think the highlight for me was watching Hekker in warm ups and in the game deliver these majestic balls that spiral in the air. Just good stuff. You know it is bad, when punters are people too.

I'm sure there is more, but that is what jumps out to me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thoughts From Watching the Game LIVE!

RamCrazed722October 10, 2016 10:32AM

Re: Thoughts From Watching the Game LIVE!

Rams43247October 10, 2016 11:04AM

thanks for that, RC nm

21Dog194October 10, 2016 01:35PM

Re: Thoughts From Watching the Game LIVE!

Rampage2K-224October 10, 2016 01:48PM