Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What can I say?

October 10, 2016 06:02AM
It's close enough to the end of my self imposed 24 hour rule, anyway.

Why should we be surprised by this loss?

I posted last week that we had won 3 consecutive games largely because the D and ST were making saving plays for our raggedy O. I also posted that it couldn't continue indefinitely, much like expecting to win by drawing to an inside straight in poker.

Obviously, it caught up to us on Sunday.

I give the shorthanded D a ton of credit for playing valiantly, especially in the 2nd half.

We are a flawed team on O.

Starts at the top with the HC. A classic 7-8 winning season master of PR and NFL politics.
Boras looks suspect, although it's hard to tell whether Fisher is somewhat tying his hands behind his back.
Jury is somewhat out on Groh, too. I had expected a more dramatic passing attack, especially when teams are loading the box so much.
Weinke? Anybody impressed with Goff's quick development? Me neither.
OL blocking is falling far short of expectations for these alleged road grader "refrigerators on wheels", huh?
Keenum is a scrappy but very limited QB. Leaves plays on the field constantly and always will.
Can someone please explain to me why our TE's are not a bigger part of our passing O?
That Fisher fake punt decision was the backbreaker on Sunday. Yet another inexplicable Fisher decision.

Add to the above many bonehead penalties that have been with us for yet another season and what do you have? Another loss of a very winnable game, that's what.

I don't expect much more than 7 wins from this team, now. Not with Fisher as HC and Keenum as QB. And let's face it. Fisher and his flaws and tendencies will remain with us through the rest of this season.

Right now I've gotta say that I face the remaining 11 games with a feeling of sadness and resignation. To think what might have been...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Keenum and Fisher lost this game

dodgerram499October 10, 2016 04:35AM

Re: They contributed sure

Speed_Kills221October 10, 2016 05:17AM

Re: They contributed sure

dodgerram192October 10, 2016 05:22AM

I agree, especially w/ Rams not knowing how to handle Goff

max212October 10, 2016 05:24AM

Re: I agree, especially w/ Rams not knowing how to handle Goff

dodgerram198October 10, 2016 05:26AM

on Keenum