Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Falcons, Rams have statement wins

October 02, 2016 05:15PM

From Don Banks

Rams, Cowboys, Texans steady at 3-1

The Rams are forcing me to change my mind about something that I've just taken for granted all these years. Namely that there is no such thing about winning "ugly," not when you haven't won much at all since 2003, and last made the playoffs (at .500) in 2004. In that case, it's just called winning, and Los Angeles has the right to ignore or even scoff at all adjectives being attached to its results.

A 3-1 record says plenty about what the Rams are this season, and for a franchise that hasn't started that well since 2006, squeaking out close victories like that 17-13 escape at Arizona is satisfaction enough. Style points be damned. The Cardinals (1-3) appear to have lost their identity, and home-field advantage, but the Rams appear to be comfortable with who they are these days. They can play some defense, lay some pads on you, and ultimately make a play or two on offense when it's timed for maximum impact.

At 2-1 in the NFC West, with wins against division-favorites Seattle and Arizona, the Rams don't have another division game until Week 15 at the Seahawks. Let's see if they can hang around and stay relevant for two and a half months, then really make something special of their renaissance season in L.A.

ยป Now I'm utterly convinced this young and exciting Cowboys team is headed for some kind of magic mojo this season if Dallas (3-1) can win a game in which the almost forgotten Morris Claiborne is turning in difference-making plays. As if Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott don't represent enough good fortune so far in 2016, the Cowboys dusted off their 2012 first-round pick, and he came up with both a game-swinging interception in the fourth quarter of a 24-17 win at San Francisco. Later, he had a fourth-down tackle that sealed the outcome.

The Cowboys are on a three-game winning streak, and who knew that the Week 8 Eagles at Dallas matchup -- two losing teams in 2015 -- might be the game of the year in the NFC East?

Read Complete Article- [www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill487October 02, 2016 05:15PM