Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Well, yeah, sure...

September 21, 2016 04:59AM
JamesJM
adjustments don't mean victory... I don't think anyone now or ever in history would try to argue that point.

And the Ram's do adjust.. I'm not sure how often. Just like you note that adjustments don't mean victory I think it equally obvious that 'making adjustments' aren't always put into effect... and my point is that I think the Ram's do so less frequently than most other teams.

This last game.. the offense adjusted, I think that's obvious. But IMHO that was an aberration, not a game to game common occurrence. Watching that game we weren't 3 plays into the second half before I took notice, "wow, this is different'... I do not see that often with the Rams... and almost NEVER, historically, as noticeable as it was against Seattle.

Defensively no.. but then, they didn't need too. I do wonder, however, had Seattle adjusted and begun to light up the Rams would they have at that late stage of the game?

adjustments don't mean victory... I don't think anyone now or ever in history would try to argue that point.

People do. All the time. It's a net thing. Team loses, and you can count on it...someone will say "they didn't adjust." One of my experiences on the net is coming to a board after a Rams loss, during which the network analyst comments on the adjustments the Rams made, including some replays showing specific plays to make the point. Then with that fresh in mind after the game there would always be someone on the net saying "once again they didn't adjust."

I see them adjust all the time and remember good analysts pointing it out during different games. One of my favorite moments like that goes back to 2012. Martz was the analyst in the Bills game that year. He pointed out how the Rams offense had clearly not anticipated facing heavy man coverage in that game, and then pointed out how they adjusted to it---during the first half, not even at halftime.

All teams adjust. None don't. It's a thing.

Whatever causes the team to struggle at any given time, I am confident that the explanation WON'T be that this is the only team in the NFL that is incompetent to the point of being incapable of doing the basic ordinary things every other team in NFL history does routinely. cool smiley

The Rams defense and offense adjust regularly. It just doesn't always work. Same with the teams they beat.

And btw Seattle did adjust on offense, and it worked for a bit, then the Rams took it away. I am thinking of one example--in the 2nd half, to start out, Seattle was getting some success running Michael. Then that stopped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2016 05:00AM by zn.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams secondary still has plenty to prove vs. Tampa Bay

RamBill706September 20, 2016 07:54PM

Guilty as charged...

JamesJM400September 21, 2016 03:23AM

Re: Guilty as charged...

leafnose320September 21, 2016 03:58AM

Re: Guilty as charged...

zn523September 21, 2016 04:24AM

Well, yeah, sure...

JamesJM355September 21, 2016 04:38AM

Re: Well, yeah, sure...

zn355September 21, 2016 04:59AM

I don't agree, obviously.. but just one point...

JamesJM342September 21, 2016 05:03AM

Re: I don't agree, obviously.. but just one point...

zn271September 21, 2016 05:11AM