Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Defying odds, anomalies, and luck

September 21, 2016 03:51AM
On top of fielding poor talent, or poor coaching schemes, and earning flags, and making mistakes, there still remains some room for "failing upwards."

In almost any field, one may enjoy some success purely on showing up. In the case of sports, and the Rams, they've had some freakish odds against them. In a world of "coin toss" type success, it has remained a dark shadow over the Rams getting wins in the face of odds.

We've tossed this idea around before, but looking back at peculiar trends, just the mere adjustment for different teams that make the playoffs every year, the Rams are in a vortex of bad luck

Which crossed my mind in the win this last Sunday. Yes, Alec and Barron created that forced fumble, but the odds in my mind were against us there. The long ball that got Seattle well into Rams territory. The clock, and Wilson having just done the same drive a week before against the Dolphins. The trend was right there for a loss, and yet......

The flags going against Seattle also were a trend I wasn't use to. How often is offensive pass interference called? Oddly, more this season than I can remember for a while.

Luck, and odds. How I'd like that wind to change direction.
In many ways, it's long overdue. But.....it's the Rams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Brief History Of Rams Losing Streaks (past decade-ish)

Kind of Blue/Gold512September 20, 2016 02:04PM

leafnose315September 21, 2016 03:51AM

Kind of Blue/Gold292September 21, 2016 12:26PM