Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple of semi rhetorical questions...

September 14, 2016 06:42AM
Many fans are reluctant to replace either Keenum or Fisher just yet. The old why change the horse in midstream conundrum.

I can understand that line of thinking. I think that strategy is my preference right now, too.

But a part of my brain keeps asking me two questions that are hard to answer.

1) If we were to replace Fisher in mid season, could his replacement do all that much worse than losing 28-0 to an inferior opponent, talent wise? And let's be honest here, that score could have easily been more lopsided. I mean, what temp HC could do worse than leading an unprepared and uninspired team to a humiliating shutout loss on national TV? Nowhere to go but up from there, don't you think?

2) Same question at QB. Could Goff do all that much worse than Keenum on Monday night? We all know the stats. At least Goff or Mannion could present a legitimate threat for an occasional deep throw that the opponent must respect. Just how much worse than zero points with 2 interceptions could it be with either QB, anyway?

We may be at the point of having nothing left to lose here, fellas. Where was the team's pride against the Niners? How much longer before Fisher loses the team? We all saw the frustration of Donald and Gurley. Two normally classy and well behaved elite players that lost it. I can relate. I wanted to throw something through my TV screen, myself.

Anyway...

Just some food for thought. Might stimulate some discussion as we all are licking our wounds.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A couple of semi rhetorical questions...

Rams43520September 14, 2016 06:42AM

Re: A couple of semi rhetorical questions...

SoCalRAMatic310September 14, 2016 07:22AM

RounderRick305September 14, 2016 08:09AM

bigjimram21259September 14, 2016 08:45AM