Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well that was ugly

September 13, 2016 04:39AM
Can't say I'm shocked. It was the 2014 Minnesota opener all over again... I could name other no show games but I don't have that kind of time

The Rams were completely unprepared and overconfident. Whats new? I couldn't help but wonder during the game what the Rams had been doing all off-season. Was that the offense that this defense went up against in practice everyday? Was the offense so productive in practice that they actually thought what they tried last night would work?

Gabbert ran for what 40 or 50 yards... did the Rams not know he could do that? I mean they looked completely unprepared for that. They allowed some WR (i can't even remember his name) that was added to the Niners roster 9 days ago to look like Julian Edleman. Joyner was awful... I mean he had an absolutely awful game. His confidence is gone. On the drive that the Rams recovered a 49ers fumble he was just lunging and falling all over the place.

Gurley was completely taken out of the game and the Rams continued to run him wide rather than trying to run right at the Niners. Meanwhile they didn't seem to be prepared for Hyde and those cutback runs. I saw Simms on one run get completely sucked in and Hype simply ran around him.

Austin was laughable. He has the football IQ of an eggplant. On the rare occasion the Rams went vertical it was always to Britt who the Niners basically didn't cover. Higbee that all world rookie had a drop and couldn't come up another contested ball. So much for those camp reports. The horizontal passing game was in full effect... Keenum even when not pressured always AS IN ALWAYS looked to dump it short with 10 49ers waiting for the ball. At some point you have to try and go vertical. The gameplan was awful.

Keenum we know isn't the long-term answer. However, many of us thought he could be a game manager and hold it down. He couldn't do that last night... and unfortunately laram again is right. If you can't beat Blaine Gabbert twice now they you can't even be a game manager.

At this point Fisher is done. Most of us know this... if hes going to save himself he has to play Goff sooner rather than later. An unlikely win against the Seahawks won't change that. The problem is Fisher has no credibility when it comes to the passing game... and he is not qualified to coach Goff.

What we saw last night we have seen with Sam Bradford, Clemons, Hill, Davis, Foles, and now Keenum. 28-0 loss to the Niners is just unforgivable and enough is enough.

Its going to be a long season guys... 7-9 BS. Please this looks every bit of the 5 win or less team la said they were. I will not be congratulating him on that though because this means that yet again we have to deal with a losing season and misery. Again the only positive is that we will finally be able to move on from Fisher. This team has a nucleous on the defensive line (Brockers will be leaving), Gurley and we have to see what we can get out of Goff but everything else is up for transitioning. EVERYTHING

In the short run that's all I got.... its going to be a tough season

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 04:44AM by Speed_Kills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well that was ugly

Speed_Kills708September 13, 2016 04:39AM

Well they better be ready for 8, 9 in the box all year

Hazlet Hacksaw433September 13, 2016 04:45AM

Re: its crazy

Speed_Kills415September 13, 2016 04:50AM

Fisher said if we can't run all else fails

Hazlet Hacksaw256September 13, 2016 04:54AM

Literally this

BigGame81366September 13, 2016 04:55AM

EXACTLY

CeeZar380September 13, 2016 04:51AM

Re: I don't care about 8, 9 in the box..

laram330September 13, 2016 05:10AM

The bigger problem is they can't throw it over the 8,9 in the box

Hazlet Hacksaw311September 13, 2016 05:16AM

Re: He's only 22, Laram.

Billy_T315September 13, 2016 05:27AM

Re: He's only 22, Laram.

laram332September 13, 2016 05:54AM

Re: They can't do what they most need to do.

Billy_T260September 13, 2016 04:58AM

sure most of you noticed........

21Dog411September 13, 2016 04:58AM

Re: sure most of you noticed........

roman18295September 13, 2016 05:32AM

It would be illuminating (but not fun) to be a fly on the wall...

Saguaro342September 13, 2016 05:35AM

Re: The DBs probably have all kinds of inside jokes.

Billy_T504September 13, 2016 05:41AM