Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 receiving, 4 rushing & 1 return

September 12, 2016 04:34PM
TonyHunter87
To me, Austin will never get 10 TD's again. Last season was an aberration. I could be wrong and I'd be glad but I just don't see it.

Which one do you view as near impossible? smiling smiley

5 receiving? Not exactly a high bar to replicate or exceed.

4 rushing? This is very rare. But if he has only 1 or 2, he could offset that with 6 or 7 receiving, again, not a massive number.

1 return? If he does, as noted, it will be his fourth season in a row, something only Gale Sayers has done before in league history (actually, that may be Eric Metcalf?). He may be good at this.

If Austin was doomed to have as little involvement in the passing game as he did in his first three seasons going forward for the rest of his career (and be less involved in the run game), you could be right. Whatever you may think of him, the fact that Fisher stated his intent to get the ball to Austin more, and the fact that they paid him like they intend to get the ball to him more, strongly suggests and makes me infer from those facts that, you guessed it, they intend to to get the ball to Austin more. They only need to pass it to him 1-2 X a game MORE to get him up to 65-80 receptions per year. He can take the ball to the house every time he touches the ball, so it is a numbers game. If he starts getting 80 receptions a season, lot of chances to score. Your projection could be lagging behind, partly informed by what he did as a rookie and in his disappointing soph slump. If I thought they were going to (non)use him like that, I'd be similarly down on him. I don't, so I'm not. I don't expect his first few seasons to be a very reliable guide to project future use.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 04:51PM by Kind of Blue/Gold.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

POLL: How many combined TDs will Austin have this season?

Kind of Blue/Gold298September 12, 2016 12:29PM

Re: POLL: How many combined TDs will Austin have this season?

TonyHunter87143September 12, 2016 01:32PM

5 receiving, 4 rushing & 1 return

Kind of Blue/Gold142September 12, 2016 04:34PM