Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Five things I saw last night (or didn't see)

September 13, 2016 08:50AM
CeeZar
These aren't necessarily 5 keys to victory vs the 49ers, more like things that of concern for a successful season. In no particular order:

GRob - Is the light on? We all expect the OL to be much improved this year. If so, GRob has to play to expectations. No brain farts please. Know your assignment and get off the ball.
Pass - From what I could tell, GRob had a decent game. No brain farts, no penalties, and I don't recall him getting beat in pass pro.

Quinn - We know what to expect from Donald. If Quinn is back to form then the Rams can handle a bit of drop off in the secondary. A tough test tonight will shed some light.
Fail - I didn't hear his name called once. Although it was his first game back against an All Pro.

The Secondary - I think we are all little nervous here. Can the new starters play close to the level of the guys they replaced? Or can Williams scheme around the drop off in talent?
Fail - Gabbert's numbers weren't that good, but an average QB would have lit up that secondary.

Tree - Alec needs to not only have a solid game, he needs to show that he can be a leader on defense. His play improved as the preseason went along. MLB needs to play with more discipline than WLB. Can he mentally be a MLB and lead all game?
Incomplete - I'd have to rewatch the game and focus on Alec to say how he played. Not sure I can bring myself to do that.

Passing Game - I just want to see enough improvement in the passing game that defenses can't sell out to stop the running game. I don't care if they never pass for more than 250 yards all season. Without Cooper or Spruce playing tonight this means playcalling, Higbee being what we hope he can be, and NEW ways to use Tavon.
Total Failure - Just absolutely nothing there. I bet the coaches film shows that no WRs are even running 10+ yard routes on 80% of the passing plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2016 08:50AM by CeeZar.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Five things I'd like to see tonight

CeeZar634September 12, 2016 11:07AM

Re: Only thing I want to see is win

DESERT RAM275September 12, 2016 12:22PM

O line is the key....

stlrams13274September 12, 2016 12:26PM

Re: Five things I'd like to see tonight

stlramz379September 12, 2016 01:02PM

OK. 6 things

CeeZar276September 12, 2016 01:15PM

Five things I saw last night (or didn't see)

CeeZar355September 13, 2016 08:50AM