Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entertaining Bronco game review post by fanotodd...

August 29, 2016 04:06PM
Here's fanotodd...

The Good:
1) OTree: there were at least 2 plays where I said "JL doesn't make that play." I just have to get used to that. I was especially impressed on the 2nd and 1 when Denver ran an off tackle/sweep and OTree ran it down and shot thru to make the tackle for no gain. The guy can run.

2)Barnes: He has settled in. He is a beast in the run game and has come a long ways in pass protection. He routinely helps out w/ a quick chip or 1 handed block before getting to the 2nd level. He just looks and is playing the part of the anchor on that line. Good for him.

3)Quinn: He's back. At least it looked like that last night in hist limited play. He was very quick on the edge and held up pretty well vs the run. When they start running twists and stunts w/ him shooting inside, then we'll see just how much havoc he can cause. The starting defense in general looked vastly better w/ Quinn, Brockers, Donald, and OTree on the field at the same time.

4) Middle of the field passing: even though the Rams continue to frustrate me w/ so many futile out patterns, they were effective using the middle of the field last night. We/the league in general doesn't throw enough quick slants. With the new rules penalizing a lotta those big hits, and offenses running more spread formations, the middle is ripe again.

5) the Cooper catch. Wow!

The Bad
1) OL depth: the good news is that we shouldn't see 5 backups in at once, but should be able to absorb/help 1 if need be. That 2nd unit though was getting pushed around. We seem vulnerable at RT w/o Havs.

2) DL depth: unfortunately, there WILL be times when the DL starters will get a rest and the depth players will rotate in. They have not looked sharp vs the starting OLs so far.

3) Joyner: He is looking a bit overmatched. It seems as though the broncos decided to go right at him w/ sanders.

The Ugly
1) WAY too many short out patterns. They're drive killers. They're the reason why the Rams settled for FGs last night. Don't understand how you use the middle of the field to get close and then start throwing short outs to stall the drive. How about a fade to the end zone once in a while?

2) 3rd downs: see above. The 3rd down quick outs are a pick 6 waiting to happen.

3) the Williams drop. Ouch!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Entertaining Bronco game review post by fanotodd...

Rams431005August 29, 2016 04:06PM

OL and DL depth

LMU93411August 30, 2016 07:43AM

Agree with about half of this.

RockRam368August 30, 2016 08:01AM