Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Blinkscout in person review of practice 8/22

August 26, 2016 11:01AM
Wow, Alyo! You certainly saw a helluva lot in just one practice, man. You're hired!

I just can't pass up this rare opportunity to pick your brains after you've seen a live practice. So, here goes...

1) Glad to read your take on Duke Williams. We are kinda desperate for a big, fast, strong WR that can threaten deep. I'm kinda hoping that he makes the 53 as our 5th WR. Heck, maybe we only carry 5 WR's. I dunno. Do you have a theory about why Duke hasn't been targeted in the PS games? One that doesn't sound like a danged conspiracy theory, that is?

I think he makes the 53. I don't have an idea that's not conspiracy theory. He's the third best WR right now so hiding him is the only thing that makes sense.

2) I was sorry to read your take on Thomas, but it is what it is. More or less confirms my growing fears about the kid. His college weakness seems to have been magnified by the pro talent against him. Had high hopes for him. Sigh...

I know. I'm really bummed.

5) I have yet to hear a bad word about Higbee's attitude or play. Your impression simply reinforces my opinion that he was a 4th round steal. Somebody pinch me! Doesn't he know that it's supposed to take a year for a TE to get a clue in the NFL? I gather that you, too, foresee a heavy dose of Higbee in our opponent's future?

The kid is so good I'd draft him in fantasy and start him week one. Not kidding.

8) Do you see Sensabaugh as anything more than an insurance move by S&F in case Gaines didn't heal? Do you see Sensabaugh sticking now? Other than Troy Hill, did Washington or Jordan catch your eye?

Hill is gonna make the team. Washington and Jordan are looking really prepared and solid ... and I'd keep them on the PS.

9) About Hemingway. I've read elsewhere that he's been seen in drills as a slot type WR. Did you see that? Another possible reason to suspect that they might keep only 5 true WR's is that they like Hemingway as a non TE receiving threat. Did his hands impress you at all?

He and Higbee get moved around a ton. He's got a feel for the reads it seems. Can find soft spots and run a few simple routes ... but he's a scary match-up outside. His hands are a bit tight.

12) The bread crumbs are pointing to a Ram future for Troy Hill. And I think they like him on ST, too.

Yeah. He's playing well enough to start actually.

13) Very good news on Forrest. I've been dying for some good LB news. Can you give us a positive on Tree at MLB? Or a Littleton snippet?

Tree looks tentative. But as long as he gets Barron free we'll be fine as he adjusts.

15) Rhaney with the 2's, huh? Kush with the 3's. Not sure how I feel about that. Back to worrying about backup C, I guess. Sigh...

We needed some C in the draft ... again. Lol. We still do.

16) I've mentally moved on from Quick. Four years was enough time, enough opportunities. An athlete masquerading as a football player. Time for another player to get that roster spot.

Yep. Me too.

Some other players that might jog your practice memory and you might comment about what you saw of them...

Cooper? Tight. But learning.
Quinn? Playing at 1/3rd speed.
Barron? Monster. Looks bigger than a LBS.
Bryant? like him.
Alexander? Needs to make his reads faster.

Any interesting observations of coach Groh or coach Lilly?

They get swallowed by Williams personality. Tough to watch anyone else.

Thanks for the great report, Alyo. Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks smiling smiley

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout in person review of practice 8/22

alyoshamucci1258August 23, 2016 01:12PM

dzrams462August 23, 2016 02:05PM

Finally had a moment to get to these .. @dz

alyoshamucci393August 26, 2016 10:48AM

thanks for the report nm

21Dog435August 23, 2016 02:55PM

Rams43599August 23, 2016 03:03PM