Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody want to fo GOFF-ing?

August 17, 2016 07:02PM
Herd,

Figured I post this before Goff (possibly) goes with the 1's against KC.

I was pretty shocked when we gave up a bounty for the top pick, this is putting it mildly!

I still don't like what we gave up, but Goff is growing on me. Plus, seems like we had a good draft considering we didn't have any other picks until Rs 4.

As much as I would like to see Goff starting date 1, I am trying to keep my eye on the bigger picture - hopefully becoming a franchise QB. The big question is, how good will he become? Frankly, I don't have the answer and I doubt else anyone does either.

Here is my take, from what I've seen and heard so far:
1. He seems to be very accurate (huge +). Made many good throws against the Cowboys, right on the number throws.
2. Even though he didn't show it against the Boys, he (apparently) has a very good feel for the pocket, impressive footwork and can scramble.
3. He is dedicated. Loved what he showed at Cal! The dude seems focused and driven to excel.
4. I think he has what it takes to be a top flt QB.

My concerns:
1. Appently, he needs time to mature into a NFL style QB: being under center, air raid O @ Cal, didn't call his own plays. (Not calling his own plays is my biggest concern about him)
2. Does he have the proper coaching/situation to develop. On this issue I have no idea what the answer is!

Bottom Line:
I think he can be our franchise QB, just need time to develop and the proper coaching to help him become NFL ready.

Thoughts??

BeachBoy
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody want to fo GOFF-ing?

BeachBoy632August 17, 2016 07:02PM

Re: Anybody want to fo GOFF-ing?

bigjimram21354August 17, 2016 08:08PM

GOFF-ing? Keenum still the Leader in the Clubhouse

Anonymous User381August 18, 2016 02:58PM