Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tailgating report

August 14, 2016 04:49PM
We headed out to the game at 9:15 from the OC.... Got to Coliseum about 10:00 and stopped to see if we could get into Lot 1 where we had our parking passes....I was following my brothers motor home and we had another car with us.....All of us had Lot 1 passes....Motor home pass was $ 180....we stopped at Carls Jr. to wait for the gates to open....we decided to walk over and scan the lot.....I approached an attendant to ask questions and he said " Talk to that guy over there .....he's in charge of motor home parking"...

I walked over and asked him if it would be ok if we parked our 2 vehicles next to my brothers motor home when we come in next hour? ....and he said " No regular vehicles in here, only motorhomes"........I told him ..." sorry Dude....but I have a Lot 1 pass and It's for a regular vehicle.....I don't have it in my pocket , but believe me they sold $60 regular vehicle passes to Lot 1 "...he said " I park 32 RV's per game in the lot for USC....and he was expecting 70 RV's for the Rams....he once again stated there were NO regular vehicles allowed.....and he then immediately got on his walkie talkie to call his boss.....no sooner do we get back to our loaded down trucks and the motor home ?.....we get an Email from the Rams Saying..

" Sorry , Lot 1 car passes won't be honored today. We oversold the RV passes.... we will direct you to a different parking area or parking structure."

WTF?....total panic....vehicles loaded to tailgate and now we were screwed...utter shock...really?...an email at 10:30 on gameday?

We loaded as much as we could into the motorhome from both trucks.....took at least 45 minutes to do this....

WE got into line and were ready to give whomever a huge ration of $^it if they re-directed us....but as we got closer I saw regular trucks and cars up against the fences and people setting up easy-ups....what?....we pulled in and there was no problem ....they just wouldn't let us park next to the motorhome....they were all over on one side.....and we had to park a couple hundred feet away

Talk about major drama to start the day....brutal.......here is email

Dear Ramithard,

We regret to inform you that your assigned parking in Lot 1 for today’s game against the Dallas Cowboys is unavailable due to the space needed to accommodate RVs in this lot. When you arrive at Lot 1 today, you will be directed to another lot or garage where your pass will be honored. All parking for cars sold in Lot 1 will be refunded for preseason game one.

We will contact you next week about resolving this issue for future games. We apologize for this inconvenience and will make every effort to correct this issue as easily as possible.

Los Angeles Rams

I'm not sure how the hell this happened from the Rams ticket office....but it was truly crazy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 04:56PM by ramithard.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Tailgating report Attachments

ramithard774August 14, 2016 04:49PM

OUCH...

JamesJM334August 14, 2016 05:07PM