Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Rams first game back was a great experience

August 14, 2016 08:03AM
I don't care that it was pre-season. I don't care that it took our 2's & 3's to pull off the win. To me, the final score in the first preseason game is usually the least important thing. Not last night. We set a record for the highest attendance for a pre-season game in NFL history. To walk away with a loss would have put a huge damper on what turned out to be a tremendously electrifying experience. Here it is the next morning, it's like im basking in the glow of some kind of play-off victory. Technically this game was not critical, but emotionally it was very significant. The kind of feeling you might get with reconnecting with a long lost friend or relative. And everybody around me was feeling it. Perfect strangers asking if I was a season ticket holder as they reach out to shake my hand. When I said no, they'd say, "that's too bad, was looking forward to seeing you throughout the season". Every Cowboy fan I spoke to (and there were many), were all smiles and we're genuinely happy that I had my team back. I gotta say, that beat the heck out of a lot of the creep/thug niner & raider fans ive come across. I also got many 'thumbs up' on my throwback blue & white Deacon Jones Jersey.

And speaking of blue & whites.

My son (who was wearing Gabriels #18), and I were stopped by Hard Knocks people, and asked if we would mind being filmed walking into one of the tunnels. How awesome is that? Sure hope it makes the final cut for this week's episode.

One more thing on the blue & whites.

The only thing that would have made this game better (besides a better showing by our 1's). Would be if our Los Angeles Rams had run out of that tunnel wearing the 60's blue & whites. Can you just imagine those beautiful blue helmets with broad WHITE horns running onto THAT field?? It would have brought the the house down. I think Kronke/Demoff missed a great opportunity for added fan reconnection. Yes, it may be against the rules. But to heck with the rules. This was a one time opportunity. I mean, it would have been one of the greatest moves in sports history. What could anyone do about it? Cancel the game? I think not. Fine the owner? Ha Ha no worries there. Again, IMO, a great opportunity missed.

All n all. I was so happy to be apart of it all. Even though it was a pre-season game...., it wasn't just ANY pre-season game. It was a wonderful homecoming and a grand all-round success.

Now....,

.....about that defensive backfield.....

...sorry, just too happy to go there yet. band

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2016 08:38AM by RAMbler.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rams first game back was a great experience

RAMbler621August 14, 2016 08:03AM