Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Training Camp Day Two

July 31, 2016 07:14PM
Day 2 starts with much better weather. It was about 81 degrees with a slight breeze. It was much more comfortable than yesterday. As with day one, no pads and Chase Reynolds was first man out for practice. He was soon joined by others to work on the ball machine. Today, I focused on our Wr corp. Yesterday, there was not much to see due to all the short check downs. I watched individual drills and took some pics to share. My observations on our WRs.
Bad News-- Austin was carted off the field. Looks like a hamstring pull or cramp. He was not able to bend his leg. Hoping it will heal quickly.
WR

Rookies
#3 North- R---Good size, fast and made some good catches over both days
#8 McRoberts-R---Good size, fast and also made some good catches today
#10 Cooper-R--- Quick - got behind Db in one on ones, but dropped a bomb in the end zone. Leg injury by end of practice.
#13 Thomas- R-- Good size and speed. He had some catches, but also had some drops today.
#81 Williams-R--- He is big, not as fast as others, but uses his size to create space. He made some catches but also dropped a couple.
#86 Spruce- R-- not a lot of speed, but does get descent separation. Good hands.

Vets
#18- Britt-- He did not practice today
#11 Austin- Caught a deep pass behind Trumaine for a TD. Later was carted off field.
#15 Marquez- So far has looked the best of Wr in practice. Making contested catches and fighting for the ball.
#83 Quick- Looks thinner this year and looked faster than last year. He made some catches, but also made some mental errors near the sideline. He looks healthy.

Qbs

Goff looked much better today. Again- almost all of the Wr patterns were short. Almost all passes were short inside 10 yds. He did make a nice completion-18 yds in 11 on 11. He did throw another int to #41 Washington. That is 2 in two days against Goff. Waiting for the coaches to allow him to push it down field.
Keenum made a good throw to Austin against T. Johnson for a td.
Mannion continues to look to throw deep first and short second. His reps are very limited.

DL

First team dominated the line again without pads. It is very hard for qb to look downfield without one or two of the DL in his face.

OL

Did open up one or two holes for Gurley against the first team DL. Robinson on L side and Saffold on R side. Can't say much til I see them in pads.

Dbs and Linebackers

In 7 on 7- they stuck with receivers like glue. Either our Db and Lb are going to be great this year, or our Wr can not create separation.

ST

Hekker was kicking 50-60 yds in the air today.

Zuerlein- big leg, but continued to push right. He better be careful or Bertolet will beat him out in camp.

Critiques

Practice is only 2 hours. I notice while skill positions are warming up, that both DL and OL are standing around doing nothing. Our OL should be working hard for the full two hours. I would say a good 15-20 minutes if standing around talking to each other while others are warming up with skills and stretching. Our Offense will never improve if the OL does not improve and gel as a unit.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Training Camp Day Two

Ramsfan19711055July 31, 2016 07:14PM

Re: Training Camp Day Two

AlbaNY_Ram497August 01, 2016 03:17AM