Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A brief camp report by 8to12...

July 31, 2016 10:45AM
Here's 8to12...

I made it to Camp yesterday. However, I don't have much to report. I chose to sit in the Bleachers on the North side of the 2 fields. Some positional drills were done on this side of the field but all of the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 were on the far field. And, with the crowd being see large, it made it difficult to get up & move. I waited patiently for some of the scrimmaging to be moved back to the near field but it never happened.
A short list of things I noticed in no particular order:

- Quentin Coples is a big DE. However, I was surprised that he did not move gracefully like the other DE's. He kind of lumbers as he moves across the LOS. It made me understand better why maybe the Jets had him playing DE in their 3-4 system. But, this only a few positional drills. I will get to see go him against the O-line this coming week (Tues & Wed)
- DB positional drills happened in front of me. Lamarcus Joyner looks very quick in the drills compared to his teammates. Also, Mike Jordan is 6'0", 200lbs, good size and he has good hands.
- Punt returns: Bradley Marquez, Nelson Spruce and Pharoh Cooper really showed really good technique in catching punts. Tavon dropped one of his first attempts, but the wind had picked up and caused most of the issue.

During the following week I hope to see more 11-on-11 to see the offense operate. I want to be to specualte on the personnel groupings, formations, and tendancies for each as they work against the defense. I find this to be the most helpful while watching games during the regular season.

More reports to come......
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A more complete camp report from rams24/7...

Rams43983July 31, 2016 07:35AM

A brief camp report by 8to12...

Rams43497July 31, 2016 10:45AM