Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A more complete camp report from rams24/7...

July 31, 2016 07:35AM
Here's rams24/7...

New Of note:

1) Quinn dressed, but had minimal work. I can only remember him getting a handful of snaps with the 2s, although he did have a nice play where he blew by Williams and turned the corner chasing Goff as he rolled to the right.
2) Gaines got a solid amount of work, albeit with the 2s. He split time between outside and nickel with the 2s and played well in both spots.
3) TMac is back, and started at SS.
4) Havenstein was wearing his jersey, but did not participate in any activities. This comes as little surprise to you folk as we all heard he hit the preseason PUP list a few days back. I'm no doctor, but I did see him walking with no visible limp, so I'm optimistic as many are that this is precautionary and Rob should be back before too long.

More from rams24/7...

New I know it's only one day but...

STOCK UP:

1) Mike Thomas

Thomas made the only notable play during the Rams short 7 on 7 period (the day was mainly 11 on 11) when he took a short slant from the left side of the field to the right side of the field, turning the corner, and finding the sideline before being pushed out of bounds for a 30+ yard gain. He doesn't have jets, but he isn't slow. He also made a nice grab in WR drills and looked like a man among boys with the 3s.

2) EJ Gaines

Gaines is arguably the most forgotten man on the Rams D. He showed up to play today covering the slot and outside with no notable completions and came up in run support (albeit w/o pads).

3) Mo Alexander

Has no physical limitations to play free, lets just hope he can progress mentally. There weren't many downfield throws, so I don't want to give the impression he's locked up a starting spot or anything. But he didn't do anything to hurt his case today and filled up nicely in run support, giving Todd a nice pop in the hole coming all the way from his safety position.

STOCK DOWN:

1) Temmarick Hemmingway

As I've said its only day 1, but Hemmingway showed today why he fell in the draft. He is a raw project, who if developed has the physical gifts to be a great TE. That's a big IF however (see Fendi Onobun). He had a ball ripped from his hands by a DB in 7 on 7 and had a CB hit him from behind on a short curl, causing him to drop the ball as well. Hemmingway will need to shine on ST, because he doesn't provide much else currently that the Rams lack at TE.

2) Eric Kush

Had 2 bad snaps to Goff in 11 on 11 in the span of a few plays. The first was a shotgun snap that hit Goff in the feet and the second looked like a bad exchange from under center, however it looked like Kush didn't get the ball all the way to Goff.

Fun Tidbit: I loved how after 11 on 11 (practice was over) Goff was seen taking multiple reps with Kush from both under center and in the shotgun to work on perfecting their exchange.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A more complete camp report from rams24/7...

Rams43982July 31, 2016 07:35AM

A brief camp report by 8to12...

Rams43497July 31, 2016 10:45AM