Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft Wire believes Mike Thomas could be a camp surprise...

July 28, 2016 10:05AM
By: Alex Alarcon

[theramswire.usatoday.com]

The Los Angeles Rams needed to address the offense during the 2016 NFL draft, and they did not disappoint. With their six draft picks, they selected five offensive players: a quarterback, two tight ends and two wide receivers. Will any of the draft picks surprise in the training camp?

Draft Wire writer Luke Easterling expects Thomas to surprise everyone on the Rams’ offense with his big-play threat.

“I still don’t understand how the player I saw on film in Thomas was not only snubbed by the combine, but then fell all the way to the sixth round. The big-play threat from Southern Miss led the nation in yards per catch for receivers with at least 65 receptions, and has enough size, speed and ball skills to be an NFL starter. Top overall pick Jared Goff should find out quickly that his team landed him one of the steals of the draft, and they should waste no time building chemistry in camp.”

The Rams currently have three veterans on the receiving core, but have a lot of young talent that could steal the spotlight during training camp. It’s still hard to imagine that an athlete like Thomas fell to the sixth round. Thomas averaged 19.6 yards per catch in 2015, the highest mark in the FBS for any receiver with at least 65 receptions.

The receiving core of the Rams are young, passionate and hopeful for a roster spot on an up-and-coming playoff team. Thomas has the skill, size and heart to surprise everybody. Thomas will be one to watch out for at Rams training camp which is set to start on July 30th.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft Wire believes Mike Thomas could be a camp surprise...

Rams431083July 28, 2016 10:05AM

Pretty excited for this camp.

RustyRay581July 28, 2016 10:51AM

Re: Pretty excited for this camp.

Rams43503July 28, 2016 11:04AM

I know of Hardknocks, whats the 2nd reality show? nm

RAMbler593July 28, 2016 12:02PM

E !

IowaRam495July 28, 2016 12:06PM