Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Joke: My Mailman Tried To Get Me For My Rams Jersey

July 26, 2016 09:21PM
So a couple of weeks ago I ordered my new Rams jersey from JC Penney (royal blue / Gurley). The package was to be shipped via FedEx to my local P.O. for delivery. I tracked the shipment and observed that FedEx had delivered the package to my local USPS and that it was scheduled for delivery to my home this past Saturday.

I go to the gym on Saturday morning and check the tracking website again when I get out. BINGO! FedEx shows that the package was delivered at 10:45 AM. I'm excited so I rush home and check our community mailbox - empty. No problem. Maybe it was left somewhere near the front door/porch. Nope. So, I'm thinking to myself, Self? Please tell me that the mailman didn't deliver my brand new jersey to my front porch only to have it jacked by some thief trolling the neighborhood for unattended packages.

In order to find out where the mailman delivered the package (i.e. the mailbox or front porch), I decided to head over to the post office to see if the courier had returned from his route. He hadn't, but I spoke with his supervisor who claimed that, despite the FedEx website saying the package had been delivered, she couldn't verify anything without having a USPS tracking # and/or speaking directly with the courier. She even went so far as to speculate that FedEx had screwed up somehow and that the package was likely still on their dock. Huh? Anyways, she took my phone number and told me that she'd try to get ahold of the courier. I, in turn, told her that I'd get the USPS tracking #.

I went home and got the USPS tracking #. I checked the USPS website and, sure enough, it confirms delivery. Moments later, I get a call from the USPS supervisor who tells me that she personally spoke with the courier who told her that he HAD NOT made any parcel deliveries to my address that day (community box or otherwise).

Hmmm...something ain't right. I decline to tell the supervisor that I'd obtained the USPS tracking #. Instead, I drive back over to the post office and personally confront her with the tracking # I'd secured from FedEx. She types the number into her computer and looks at the screen...and looks...and looks. Finally, after a full minute of silence, the following back and forth ensued...

Me: Your computer shows that my package was delivered, huh?

Supv: Yes, it does.

Me: But you called me on the phone 10 minutes ago to tell me that your man said that he didn't make any such deliveries to me. Sooooooo...

Supv: So it means that either another courier mistakenly took your package and delivered it to another addresss; or, my courier lied to me. If you'll excuse me, I have to make another phone call.

She leaves and returns 5 minutes later.

Supv: Sir, I've spoken with my courier again and I think that we've located your package.

Me: Really? But didn't he tell you that he had no packages to deliver to me, despite it already being scanned as delivered?

Supv: (sigh!) Sir, he lied to me.

Me: Really? Look, I just want my stuff.

Supv: I know, sir. Please go home and check your mailbox again. I have a strong feeling that your package will be there now.

Me: Uh-huh.

So I go home and check my mailbox - Voila! There it is! My brand new jersey! (LOL!) It's a miracle!

Folks (especially y'all in SoCal)? Mind your gear! They're gonna try to stick you for your stuff if they think you're slippin'.

And how do I know that the courier new that there was a Rams jersey in the package? Well, I'm not saying that he knew that there was a Rams jersey per se. But the package it came in was a flimsy plastic that made it pretty clear that there was a garment inside. And I'm pretty sure that the "Fanatics" logo emblazoned on the side of the package was a big tip off that there was some sports gear there - especially to a mail courier who's had to have seen tons of these packages.

(LOL!) So, after all of that, I'm actually considering returning the jersey. Why?

Well, is it me...or do the numbers look a little funny? In particular, their size. They seem significantly smaller from last year's version and their closer together. Or, am I seeing things?

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

No Joke: My Mailman Tried To Get Me For My Rams Jersey Attachments

ramBRO1921July 26, 2016 09:21PM

Nice Jersey!

billywaddy753July 27, 2016 03:24AM

Looks like the #'s........

Crazylegs737July 27, 2016 03:27AM

Re: Looks like the #'s........

ramBRO643July 27, 2016 05:55AM

Nike makes three different types of jerseys....

Rampage2K-2318July 27, 2016 09:52AM

Re: Nike makes three different types of jerseys....

ramBRO498July 27, 2016 11:14AM

Re: Nike makes three different types of jerseys....

billster1212532July 30, 2016 06:14AM

Re: Looks like the #'s........

Crazylegs506July 27, 2016 05:22PM

You got lucky..

sstrams824July 27, 2016 03:39AM

I Agree. I Don't Know Why My Courier...

ramBRO597July 27, 2016 06:11AM

the issue with these jerseys......

Ramsrule732July 27, 2016 03:49AM

LOL... good story....

JamesJM578July 27, 2016 05:41AM

That made me chuckle

LesBaker573July 27, 2016 01:43PM

Looking sharp...great story, great jersey. (NM)

DaJudge529July 27, 2016 07:16AM

Re: No Joke: My Mailman Tried To Get Me For My Rams Jersey

Classicalwit570July 27, 2016 05:10PM

Re: No Joke: My Mailman Tried To Get Me For My Rams Jersey

BobCarl601July 28, 2016 04:27PM