Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Battle

July 29, 2016 03:52AM
A lot has been made of the poor performances of Greg Robinson.
I'll admit to not watching carefully the work of the highly drafted left tackle

Enjoying being on the grass in preseason, and seeing these guys up close it was hard not to notice the large bodied Battle.
Word was that he wasn't in the sort NFL shape that's required of an offensive lineman.

Again, rarely can I tell you that a guy that big isn't as big as the guy they are standing next, too.

Battle has size; no one doubt about it. That would be hard to ignore.
The real question is has Paul B. been able to work his magic on the youngster? They have some nice depth now across most of the offensive line. Other than Tim Barnes backup and the left tackle spot, we might be in the best position, depth wise, that we've been in for some time.

Of course, there's the oft injured, wildly strong, and very capable Roger Saffold. Roger, showed that he can be a monster, at guard, when healthy.
And, one would think that they would lean quickly to Roger pushing out to the left tackle spot in the event Robinson was unable to suit.

But the question remains; Did Snead overdraft a supplemental guy? Or do we have diamond in the rough in the form of Battle.
As far as camp questions go, the ability for the 2nd guys to cement their futures along the line has arrived.

Battle?
Beyond the physical stuff, I was far more curious about the brains on this one. The key to OL players so often is intelligence, and technique.
Robinson was interviewed as they reported yesterday. Anybody catch his remarks?

Okay......offseason is over. Who can stay healthy, who improved, who regressed; a short two weeks to the Cowboys.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Countdown to Camp 2016 - Offensive Line

RamBill1196July 26, 2016 05:50PM

Re: Battle

leafnose507July 29, 2016 03:52AM

Re: Countdown to Camp 2016 - Offensive Line

Rams43507July 29, 2016 06:13AM