Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The fact that its 6 HC's tells the real story doesn't it?

July 20, 2016 02:01PM
Let me say this first, I really understand what your saying ZN and there is plenty of logic to what you say and how you break down why the Rams havent been any good. That said does it really matter? We can sit here and go over it a 1000 times and it wont change the fact that the Rams arent good enough the past 13 seasons to make the playoffs even once or even have one winning record. To me that simply isnt good enough of acceptable and thats the reason for all the changes.

The Rams have just been a very lack luster poorly run team for over a decade. Like I said where you fall on the excuses or reasons is up to you and you'll likely get no argument from me, there are good reasons and logic for both sides of the Rams problems with winning. I do believe the Rams are a better run team now then they have been, I am of the opinion that Snead and KD are very good at what they do. I wont lie, I loved the Fisher hire and I still really think he is a good HC and the right guy for this team, but my patience is wearing thin. Its just time to do better.

I am simply tired of them losing and I dont really care why anymore, just make it STOP!!. Starting winning...So many teams have been losers and turned it around quickly...I dont even need quickly, I just need it to happen soon within 5 years isnt asking to much, and 13 should be legendary for patience imo. All of us Rams fans are saints at this point. In this league with the way its set up you shouldn't be as bad as the Rams have been for as long as they have been imo. Its set up for an even playing field. Some teams are just run better then others. They make better choices on players and coaching hires. They get it right enough to make a difference.

I understand football and I understand the QB being ultra important and that multiple injuries to the oline will kill any team. At this point all I really care about is the Rams and how they do and how they play. Its time to figure this out and start winning games. You cant lose for 13 straight years and not be a bad team regardless of why. Blown drafts, blown FA signings, Bad HC hires you name it this team has done it and yes injuries have derailed things here and there.

The bottom line in the NFL is W's and L's and the Rams lose way more then they win lately. That's the reason for all the coaching changes. I hope Fisher is here for 15 years...I believe that stability is the way to go if you can find the right guy, almost like the Bengals have done with their long term coach.

When you add in Bradford getting hurt and yea I give Fisher more of a pass then I would Spags. But if he isn't careful its gonna be 7 HC's soon. I have no problem with Sam fooling him once but cmon ZN after that dont you have to be better prepared then the Clemens and Hills of the world or even move on from him. IDK but whatever they did hasn't worked out for all kinds of reasons. Sooner or later regardless of what we say here Fisher will need to win or there will be another new Rams coach and nobody really wants that.

The NFL is the ultimate results league. Win or get fired when you dont win the reasons end up not mattering in the end and in reality nobody ever really seems to care.

As Bill Parcells said "You are what your record says you are." I tend to agree with that mostly. The Rams are not even an average team if we consider average 8-8 or playing 500 ball.

I can live with injuries derailing a season but to derail season after season that isnt just bad luck anymore its an issue somewhere in the organization dont you think? It cant just be luck of the draw really. Poorly trained? Poorly evaluated? Saffold anyone? How many times does that guy need to get hurt before you go....ummmm you just arent meant to play Oline in the NFL Roger...even the Raiders signed him and backed out and the Rams jumped all over it and he has spent his time under that big contract rehabbing. Maybe he is healthy this year, we can only pray at this point. Is that bad luck? Or is it paying and relying on a player with a proven record of being injured way too much to be counted on...if so shame on the Rams brass for continuing to put any faith in the guy. He is just an example of what I am trying to say really.

BTW I am not sold on Bradford being the guy some think he was/is anyway. Injuries matter and he is injured more then he isn't and in the NFL that has to come into evaluation and decision making. You can call it freak accidents or bad luck or whatever. I wanted him to be great...I stayed a fan of his till the end...but was forced to admit it...He just couldn't stay on the field and in order to be a good NFL player you have to be at the very least available just to have a shot at being good. One example I can think of is the Cardinals who lost Palmer and Stanton and they remained good to decent without them kinda. Nobody can find exact examples of what the Rams have went through and endured, but I think we can agree 13 year regardless of the cause is long enough.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ESPN Rams training camp preview

LMU931380July 20, 2016 05:21AM

Re: ESPN Rams training camp preview

Rams43710July 20, 2016 06:18AM

I am so tired of this expectation.

RustyRay727July 20, 2016 10:54AM

You think YOU are tired of it....

JamesJM892July 20, 2016 11:10AM

Re: You think YOU are tired of it....

zn747July 20, 2016 12:03PM

There are reasons...

JamesJM595July 20, 2016 12:11PM

Re: There are reasons...

zn771July 20, 2016 12:13PM

Is that you in the photo?

JamesJM599July 20, 2016 12:14PM

Re: Is that you in the photo?

zn681July 20, 2016 12:19PM

you wearing Merrill boots, zn?

SunTzu_vs_Camus633July 22, 2016 08:09AM

I can live with reasons or excuses depending...

RustyRay806July 20, 2016 12:24PM

Mannion, Mannion... oh YEAH... is he still a Ram?

JamesJM616July 20, 2016 12:32PM

Re: I can live with reasons or excuses depending...

zn641July 20, 2016 12:41PM

The fact that its 6 HC's tells the real story doesn't it?

RustyRay740July 20, 2016 02:01PM

Re: The fact that its 6 HC's tells the real story doesn't it?

Rams43612July 20, 2016 02:46PM

The Parcells quote is outdated and in a vacuum

LesBaker578July 22, 2016 02:40PM

Re: The fact that its 6 HC's tells the real story doesn't it?

zn718July 20, 2016 02:57PM

Great post. Totally agree. As a franchise we need to do better

promomasterj571July 22, 2016 03:05PM

Holy Toledo Batman

LesBaker616July 22, 2016 05:23PM

Re: You think YOU are tired of it....

NewMexicoRam613July 20, 2016 03:15PM