Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eric Weddle calls Rams CBs 'best I've ever played with'

July 12, 2019 08:20PM

By Grant Gordon

Through a thus-far 12-year career that boasts a cavalcade of individual accolades and memorable moments, free safety Eric Weddle has lined up alongside a number of stellar teammates.

Entering his lucky 13th season, Weddle believes he'll be playing next to the best of the best in not only the defensive backfield but all of the NFL.

"We have a chance to be special on defense with the pieces that we have," Weddle said Friday on Total Access from the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship in Nevada. "Obviously, starting with A.D. Obviously one of the best players in the NFL at all positions and now being able to scheme up and do things that help him to give him an advantage even more so, to let him wreck havoc. He's an amazing talent, an amazing person, the way he works everyday. There's a reason he's the best player in the league."

While Donald disrupts on the D-line, Weddle will join forces with the cornerback duo of Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters. Weddle likewise rewarded them with the highest of compliments.

"Those guys are super, super smart," Weddle said of the cornerbacks. "The instincts are off the charts. Play-making ability. ... Those two are the best I've ever played with in my career of guys that play with vision, play the ball, understand routes, trust a safety that is going to alert them and put them in a position to make plays knowing that I have their backs. I'm extremely excited to get on the field with them, give 'em those live reps, live-game atmosphere and take this secondary to the next level."

go to Full Article--
[www.nfl.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill603July 12, 2019 08:20PM

Re: Eric Weddle calls Rams CBs 'best I've ever played with'

Steve180July 12, 2019 11:16PM

GroundPounder178July 13, 2019 08:44AM

AlbaNY_Ram127July 13, 2019 09:36AM

I’m just gonna say it...