Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rams rookies projected to be as influential as last two draft classes

May 15, 2019 05:33AM

The absence of a first-round pick in the 2017 and 2018 NFL drafts did not stop the Rams from finding players who immediately contributed to NFC West titles and a Super Bowl run.

Several members of the 2019 draft class – also devoid of a first-round pick – are projected to do the same during the upcoming season.

On Tuesday, rookies attended team meetings and performed drills on the field for the first time as the Rams continued voluntary offseason workouts. Organized team activities begin Monday.

“It’s kind of surreal,” Taylor Rapp, a safety selected in the second round, said afterward during a news conference, “It’s something I dreamed of my whole life, playing in the National Football League. So to actually be living it out right here, I mean it’s indescribable.”

Rapp and defensive tackle Greg Gaines, former teammates at the University of Washington, are regarded as players that can play major roles. Running back Darrell Henderson and cornerback David Long also might figure prominently as backups. Offensive linemen Bobby Evans and David Edwards will apprentice behind established veterans, and safety Nick Scott and linebacker Dakota Allen are regarded as potential special teams standouts and possibly more.

Go to Full Article--
[www.latimes.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill303May 15, 2019 05:33AM