Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay Not Happy With Today's Practice--Vinny B Tweets

August 11, 2018 04:21PM
Vincent Bonsignore@VinnyBonsignore

No pads at all for #Rams today as they ease back into things off the Baltimore trip. They landed back at LAX yesterday at 4 am(ish) then immediately bused back to Irvine. So there might be some cobwebs to get rid of

Long conversation between #Rams coach Sean McVay and Sean Mannion on sideline after Mannion threw a ball away far out of bounds in an 11 on 11 drill. McVay was using big video board replay to point something out to Mannion on opposite side of field from direction he threw

Raggedy practice by #Rams folllowed by a little animated talk from Sean McVay to players

#Rams Sean McVay working off to the side, post practice, with Jared Goff and Sean Mannion

#Rams Sean McVay not real happy about today’s practice. And delivered that message to team afterward. McVay said some veterans had some things to say to teammates about being better, fighting through stuff and maximizing every chance to get on field and practice.

Here is #Rams Sean McVay explaining his misgivings about today's practice: "We don’t get enough opportunities to get out here and practice and we’ve got to maximize every single one. Today is going to be a good chance to look back at this tape and find a way to get better."

More from #Rams Sean McVay about today's practice: "I think all the guys would agree we gotta have better urgency from the start. That’s just the bottom line. We can say what we want about what time we got back. But however you want to cut it we’ve got to be better than that."

My obvervation of #Rams Sean McVay & today's practice: He could have easily cut players slack given circumstances of their 4 am return yesterday from east coast & hour+ bus ride to Irvine. But he wasn't about to let them off easy. No room for easy excuses in this world.

#Rams Sean McVay on TE Gerald Everett, whose left arm was in a sling: “Nothing new. He just got his shoulder deal where we’re being smart with it. He’s going to be out another week or so at least.”

Also #Rams Sean McVay on Aaron Donald situation: "there's increased dialoge. There's more...we feel positive about the direction that these things are going. I think there's a level of urgency that's being displayed from us."

More McVay on Donald: "I know that they know how much we value him and appreciate Aaron. Hopefullu we'll see some things changed on that front sooner tyhan later. But it's still kind of in the same boat."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay Not Happy With Today's Practice--Vinny B Tweets

RamBill693August 11, 2018 04:21PM

thank God we have this guy...

LMU93259August 11, 2018 04:26PM

Re: Bring it

leafnose143August 12, 2018 04:50AM

Agreed, I'm glad to see this

RamUK129August 12, 2018 05:54AM

Re: thank God we have this guy...

DomerRam93August 12, 2018 04:28PM

Thiry Tweets