Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some Cowboy game observations by den-the-coach...

August 13, 2017 09:49AM
For the life of me I don't know why "den" doesn't post these here, himself. Too modest? Lol.

Here's den-the-coach...

Some observations...FWIW's...Goff did look much better in limited play, he will have more opportunity in the next games, but he didn't trip, stumble or fumble and the pass to Kupp under duress was picturesque.

Offensive Line, well, first unit Jamon Brown is very slow off the ball and needs to get better because Havenstein should stay at RT for pass protection. The ability to run the ball to the right was non existent with the first unit. Darryl Williams looked like the 2015 version and outplayed Pace Murphy, who looked liked his feet were in cement...Jake Eldrenkamp over Austin Blythe by leaps in bounds in this first contest and please send Michael Dunn back to Maryland.

Wade Phillips is the best DC in the game, no sacks, but pressures and Kevin Peterson & Marqui Christian had quite a game. Some posters have been right about Casanova McKenzie and Bryce Hager just makes tackles. RB Justin Williams showed some great burst and hopefully will hang onto the football and I'm looking forward to Watkins & Austin being on the field at the same time because none of the WR's today could get deep IMO.

Travis Coons wins the game and is fitting right in as the some Ram players seem to be donning some cheesy mustaches like Barwin & Mannion for example. Mannion showcased he'll be a very good backup to Goff and kept some plays alive and how bad was Aaron Murray as they now have Dan Orlovsky who had trouble standing up.

McVay looked like a veteran on the sidelines and I feel much more confident with this coaching staff then the previous regime. Interesting to see if Brown still struggles because Donnal should be back soon, he did not play tonight, but I did not see anything better from Wichmann and Eldrenkamp played some guard too, but I like him better backing up Sullivan.

Overall I love winning and I'm sure McVay does too, next week Goff should have more reps and although Nelson Spruce does catch everything, IMO, he has trouble making the squad especially after the acquisition of Watkins, who when interviewed seem like he could not contain himself being in LA and coming to warmer weather.

Travis Coons did okay for never punting and the theme for next week's practices...."Ball Security."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 10:15AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some Cowboy game observations by den-the-coach...

Rams43857August 13, 2017 09:49AM

A "den" follow up post on last night's OL play...

Rams43421August 13, 2017 10:12AM

I don't have a lot of faith......

21Dog295August 13, 2017 02:59PM

Re: I don't have a lot of faith......

Hollywood Ram183August 14, 2017 09:29AM

I don't have much faith in Donnal, period

21Dog234August 14, 2017 09:31AM

Re: Some Cowboy game observations by me

Steve420August 13, 2017 10:14AM

Re: Some Cowboy game observations by den-the-coach...

Rampage2K-313August 13, 2017 11:40AM

My one lone take away from the game

LBRamsFan306August 14, 2017 08:45AM

Re: My one lone take away from the game

Rampage2K-223August 14, 2017 08:54AM

nice observation

ferragamo79216August 14, 2017 09:11AM

Re: idk

Speed_Kills194August 14, 2017 09:20AM